PDA

View Full Version : Avon park today

pzorb
Sunday 19th March 2006, 17:58
Excellent day folks, it was great to finally meet some of you. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Engineer and siamblue, I hope the trip home was OK. Best time for me today 15.3@93, need practice on the launches!

Can't wait for next time, whenever that may be. Keep posted for the Brize Norton RWYB which I'll hopefully have details of this summer.

Cheers!

Vikingxl
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:11
Glad to meet you if only briefly pzorb and nice effort on the strip mate!

Justin
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:23
Well, what a day.

We saw it all today, bent rods and engines, bigged up power claims that didnt produce, and cars with mte remaps running slower than they used to.

Nice to see the 3 forums all as one "NOT" as the other club members made no attempts to mingle, just an us and them sort of day as usual.

Nice to put some faces to names, IC from the VOC, etc, however i feel had i not made the effort i would not have got to know who they were.

Labmonkey, spread the wealth lol,

All in all, a dam good laugh ;)

mikej
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:35
So who had the best run 2day then , was it the welsh by any chance ??? :B_steerin

BlackBeast
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:41
We saw it all today, bent rods and engines, bigged up power claims that didnt produce

Tell us more Gimp Overlord!!!!

Justin
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:41
Spesh didnt run as his car isnt finished.

SW auto's ran a 13 second quarter in his 850, but i think it was having problems on the last run, it sounded like it was mis or back firing down the strip.

Murphy
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:47
Nice to meet up with some old faces - didn't get chance to meet any new, but my darling children were keeping me busy - lol....

siamblue
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:50
was a great day had by me, i love these kinds of gathering where we all get together and mingle, that's where my love of the T5 exists, even though i had a mishap, know what it was and could kick myself as i have a £500 piece of kit arriving in the morning that would've prevented the mishap, had a guy come over and said it was only the top end, so fingers crossed, but fear it is the con rod/s,
onwards and upwards as they say, car is now at SW Auto's ready for the H con rods, and ARP bolts, will get her rehoned and new rings if the bores aren't too bad, as she has now done 149k, so now is the time too sort her properly,

best laugh of the day was WOBBLY, you are mad mate lol, running the Astra,
can wait for the next one meeting,

biggest thanks from me for all those that were sincere in my mishap, and helped and offered help, you know who you all are,

regards Gary.

Gary,

Mrsmopp
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:51
SW auto's ran a 13 second quarter in his 850, but i think it was having problems on the last run, it sounded like it was mis or back firing down the strip.

Hang on a sec - hasn't this car got like a million bhp (I forget the exact figures at it seems to change every week!) and yet it's only .5 of a seconf faster than spesh with a 19T and 304 remap??? You'd be soooo gutted wouldn't you!?

x

Mrsmopp
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:53
was a great day had by me, i love these kinds of gathering where we all get together and mingle, that's where my love of the T5 exists, even though i had a mishap, know what it was and could kick myself as i have a £500 piece of kit arriving in the morning that would've prevented the mishap, had a guy come over and said it was only the top end, so fingers crossed, but fear it is the con rod/s,
onwards and upwards as they say, car is now at SW Auto's ready for the H con rods, and ARP bolts, will get her rehoned and new rings if the bores aren't too bad, as she has now done 149k, so now is the time too sort her properly,

best laugh of the day was WOBBLY, you are mad mate lol, running the Astra,
can wait for the next one meeting,

biggest thanks from me for all those that were sincere in my mishap, and helped and offered help, you know who you all are,

regards Gary.

Gary,

Bad news Gary - sorry to hear :( Any idea's what caused it?

x

lance
Sunday 19th March 2006, 18:55
Good day out as always! Im very pleased with my driving but not so happy with my expc refurb turbo, airleaks fixed but theres not much left in her at 140 max 144. My old turbo made 156 no problem.
My old turbo also managed 15.01 @ 98mph V 15.5@ 90.95.
Clearley I need to spend some money for next time!

Redbrick
Sunday 19th March 2006, 19:07
Can't believe I missed this! I was drinking till 6am this morning with my future Brother In Law on his Stag night. Such hardship ;)

Gary that's harsh! Been there done that! Bigger and better next time I reckon! What boost did you run it at?

Spesh did a 13.5??? NICE!

Next time, I'll try and be there.

Andy

MattB
Sunday 19th March 2006, 19:11
Glad you all had a good day!
Would love to have been there, but finally got a chance to carry out the long awaited work - oil and crankcase breather system change. Hopefully it should run a little better now. :)

siamblue
Sunday 19th March 2006, 19:11
Bad news Gary - sorry to hear :( Any idea's what caused it?

x

you won't believe what caused it, car has been running fine all week, with the MBC running at .9 bar, but i decided to connect up the old BCS as i thought it would run to max boost, and remove the MBC, she spiked at 3k and that was that, should've left the MBC on, but we live and learn and hind sight is a funny old thing, my missus is cool with it too, think she feels sorry for me lol,
That's the risk we run by upping the power, and fitting bigger things,
the car looked great gleaming on the back of the trailer being towed away, but at least i got a lift home in a R :) cheers Engineer,

Gary.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 19th March 2006, 19:13
you won't believe what caused it, car has been running fine all week, with the MBC running at .9 bar, but i decided to connect up the old BCS as i thought it would run to max boost, and remove the MBC, she spiked at 3k and that was that, should've left the MBC on, but we live and learn and hind sight is a funny old thing, my missus is cool with it too, think she feels sorry for me lol,
That's the risk we run by upping the power, and fitting bigger things,
the car looked great gleaming on the back of the trailer being towed away, but at least i got a lift home in a R :) cheers Engineer,

Gary.

Hope the damage on your pocket wont be too bad. Jit's a very understanding lady lol!!

x

pzorb
Sunday 19th March 2006, 19:54
Yup sounds like a good excuse to do an upgrade siamblue!! I mean, what choice do you have but to get new forged conrods and a ported head? :)

What were the fastest 'normal' cars there? Supras?

scooby555
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:09
very good day out never seen so many volvo's lol got mine down to a 14.5 now not sure if thats good or bad for a s60 but im happy to get one in the 14s. did not reconise hamish waving to me out his hill climb car to last min lol

Ross9
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:12
Well, a huge event then by the sounds of it over various thread, lots of volvo's there, so how many were actually running then? Which one's did well, which one's not so well etc, hope to see a lot more time's appearing over the course of the evening, hopefully breakages and problems were few and far between, sorry to hear about your car Gary, that's a bit of a ££££ter indeed, good to see you taking it the right way though and looking at it as an excuse to upgrade to bigger and better things.

When you say Stuart managed a 13 second 1/4, is that the general "13" in that it was under 14 seconds, or was it a flat 13?

It's a shame to hear there was a bit of us and them going on with the other volvo forums, there really is no need for this or any digs towards other parties etc that have already appeared in this thread, at least everyone seems to have just gotten on with the day and had a good one, good to see Justin making the effort and chatting with IC who I've met numerous times and always very sound and easy to get on with.

Anyway, I await more times etc to nosy at and in the meantime hopefully anyone who was there can let me know how all the other volvo's faired.

Cheers

Ross

madness
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:13
sorry to hear about your engine gary.
understand you were running a 16t map with a 19t?

from what i was told it was defo the bottom end. and i have never seen a broken top end

nat- track prep was less than piss poor.
i did 14.9 to give you an idea of how much spin up i got!
and hamish needed new pants i think in the jedi
all i saw was it sideways all the way up and 12.0

so fastest time of the day to hamish!

madness
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:15
swa- first run 14.8 !!

best from swa's 13.0 not sure how fast but i didnt see much wheel spin on that run.

and the best bit- my t4 fastest time in the uk still stands . no good 100000 bhp if you cant put it down.

Ross9
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:34
Indeed, good to hear of a good few people having a go intheir volvo's there though, many of them for the first time and us regulars all know practice make's perfect, I suspect a few people found out today that it's not as easy as just flooring it in a straight line lol.

13.0 on the track if it was that slidy isn;t to be scoffed at though, especially as far as I know it was his first time doing the 1/4 mile.

Drop off of 0.8 seconds for yourself does hint at a slippy track indeed, were your terminals still similar? Seen that some people managed to get under 2.3 on the 60ft though I think this was in an almost standard t5, so not trying to put as much power down as yourself would have made it easier.

So would those of you present say the day was a success then with the turnout etc? Must have raised a few eyebrows all the volvo's taking part :D

Ross

madness
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:38
turnout was good. standard cars seemed to fare better for sure!

my lack of traction sucked. but even when it was better in the afternoon it still was far from perfect.
terminals were down. i didnt bother collecting any slips to give you an idea

pzorb
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:44
Must have raised a few eyebrows all the volvo's taking part :D
Over the PA came "Lots of Volvos out here today. And that's... good, to see lots of um, Volvos. [silence]" PMSL!

Ross9
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:45
lol, excellent

Mrsmopp
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:45
The first time we went to Avon park (last year sometime) we got a lot of feedback from the organisers - there were about 25 of us and we showed up a few "exotica" I guess they are used to us now LOL

x

madness
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:50
adam- 15.6 no nos!!!

stillcrap away from the line

volvotuning
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:53
adam- 15.6 no nos!!!

stillcrap away from the line

lol, thanks!!! :)

That is only 0.1 secs faster than my D5!!! :B_steerin

Adam.

madness
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:59
had to try it for you. !!!

siamblue
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:06
Thanks for your kind words people, yes i will get her built up a lot stronger and better this time, looks like this love affair is going too continue for a few more years lol, not sure about a ported head though,i will keep standard cams, and pistons will remain the same unless of course she needs a rebore,
Stuart has kindly offered me the H rods at the cost of standard replacements, speaks for itself the generousity of the guy, hence why i always use him for any work,
yes Madness i had a T5 MTE map, but it wasn't detonation it was too much boost, but will find out what it is all about when the engine is opened up in the next day or so,
anyway tomorrow i get my Blitz Boost SD-ID3 Controller so that will be a bit of a pick me up, just came a day too late for me,

Gary.

Andrew
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:10
Oh mate :(

I'm here if you need anything.

madness
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:11
why a boost controller? the ecu controls the boost . if you use one you are fooling the ecu and that isn't good!! you are giving it false info which means the fueling wont be right

volvotuning
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:13
Gary, you shouldn't need a blitz boost controller. The stock BCS works fine, but the map needs to be right, and then it will all work ok.

Adam.

spesh
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:20
Great day, had lots of fun, stu's 850 has got a bit more in it, should see the 12's no prob as running that big bhp and slicks and super fuel.

Andrew
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:22
Who was in the Saffron S70? - can I have first dibs if you sell ? would match my V70R nicely :)

lab-monkey
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:25
Hi All

Good to meet some peeps todays and put some more names to faces :)

As to Justins spread the wealth :) im skint now lol and i still wanna rica so better sell the misses :)

Jay
________
Mexican Recipes (http://www.cooking-chef.com/mexican/)

volvotuning
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:26
Who was in the Saffron S70? - can I have first dibs if you sell ? would match my V70R nicely :)

That was Dave Kidner.

Adam.

siamblue
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:26
why a boost controller? the ecu controls the boost . if you use one you are fooling the ecu and that isn't good!! you are giving it false info which means the fueling wont be right

I wanted a device that stops spiking, incase the standard BCS isn't upto the job, as i found out today plus i can set the boost too my liking, I thought the volvo BCS could actually handle boost of 17 psi, and cut back the power but obviously too my error the 19t was too much for it at 3k revs.
As i said earlier car has been fine all week running at .9 bar on the MBC,

Gary.

volvotuning
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:28
I wanted a device that stops spiking, incase the standard BCS isn't upto the job, as i found out today plus i can set the boost too my liking, I thought the volvo BCS could actually handle boost of 17 psi, and cut back the power but obviously too my error the 19t was too much for it at 3k revs.
As i said earlier car has been fine all week running at .9 bar on the MBC,

Gary.

Gary, the stock BCS can handle the 19T without any problems. Either yours is faulty or the map is not right for your 19T setup.

Adam.

Andrew
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:36
Gary, the stock BCS can handle the 19T without any problems. Either yours is faulty or the map is not right for your 19T setup.

Adam.

Aye Siam - save your money :)

:troutslap

Ross9
Sunday 19th March 2006, 21:54
Isn't Gary's car running a 16G map though? hasn;t been mapped with the 19t fitted?

Ross

DaveS60D5
Sunday 19th March 2006, 22:05

Aye, was me :)

Will bear you in mind if I do sell! :)

Mrsmopp
Sunday 19th March 2006, 22:10
Aye, was me :)

Will bear you in mind if I do sell! :)

Ahem!!!! How many years have I had first dibs on that car!!!!

x

t5owner
Sunday 19th March 2006, 22:13
Yes a great day out met many a new face and a few familiar ones i chose not to run this time round as the new aquisition is as standard at the mo and i`d like to tweak it a bit first before i go hell for leather

I shall however get my butt on the track at the next one

Cheers

stuart

DaveS60D5
Sunday 19th March 2006, 22:18
Ahem!!!! How many years have I had first dibs on that car!!!!

x

Oops... I've upset the Oberfuhrer now! :hidesbehi

Actually, as I recall you did have 1st dibs! Wasn't sure you were still interested after all these years!

pzorb
Sunday 19th March 2006, 22:46
Two videos from today:
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8747

Vikingxl
Sunday 19th March 2006, 23:03
I have loads of piccys will sort them over the next few days and post them up

Engineer
Monday 20th March 2006, 00:09
Excellent day folks, it was great to finally meet some of you. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Engineer and siamblue, I hope the trip home was OK. Best time for me today 15.3@93, need practice on the launches!

Can't wait for next time, whenever that may be. Keep posted for the Brize Norton RWYB which I'll hopefully have details of this summer.

Cheers!Ditto mate, trip home ok apart from Gaz running out of paper hanky's and the AA man asked "where's Kent" lol.

Andrew
Monday 20th March 2006, 00:29
Oops... I've upset the Oberfuhrer now! :hidesbehi

Actually, as I recall you did have 1st dibs! Wasn't sure you were still interested after all these years!

Now listen here (I've had a few pints so feeling brave) - must you collect every T5 going? or just all the ones I want ? :P

Murphy
Monday 20th March 2006, 11:55
I got a new phone on Friday, and I thought the battery would last longer, but it ran out before I could get many pics :( So here are a few:

Julie's car:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/770000-770999/770865_209_full.jpg

Josh and Lewis:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/770000-770999/770865_210_full.jpg

Not sure on everyone, but Josh, Marcus, Nat, Adam, Hamish and Dave i think can be spotted with a few others.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/770000-770999/770865_212_full.jpg

I got a few more of my boys, but that is it :)

madness
Monday 20th March 2006, 12:38
good pics for a dog an' bone mate!

sorry i missed you murph

volvotuning
Monday 20th March 2006, 20:26
Great day, had lots of fun, stu's 850 has got a bit more in it, should see the 12's no prob as running that big bhp and slicks and super fuel.

Yeah it didn't smell like normal fuel to me!! lol

You gonna try and get your road legal 98 RON jizz coloured T5 into the 12s on Nankangs?

Adam.

mikej
Monday 20th March 2006, 20:38
Who owns the very nice looking GUL its not the banana is it??

Mrsmopp
Monday 20th March 2006, 20:43
Who owns the very nice looking GUL its not the banana is it??

Steve's sister, Julie.

x

mikej
Monday 20th March 2006, 20:46
Is she married lol :remybussi

Mrsmopp
Monday 20th March 2006, 20:50
Is she married lol :remybussi

LOL!! Not that we are aware of.....................Easy tiger!!

x

Andrew
Monday 20th March 2006, 21:01
Steve's sister, Julie.

x

Well you learn something new every day!

spesh
Monday 20th March 2006, 21:03
Yeah it didn't smell like normal fuel to me!! lol

You gonna try and get your road legal 98 RON jizz coloured T5 into the 12s on Nankangs?

Adam.

Well Ill have a go I think, bring on the 17th of April, My T5's debut run.

Mrsmopp
Monday 20th March 2006, 21:04
Now listen here (I've had a few pints so feeling brave) - must you collect every T5 going? or just all the ones I want ? :P

Just the ones you want Hun ;) LOL

I thought it was common knowledge that Steve and Ju were bro and sister?

TBH it still surprises me how many people dont know that J is my big brother

x

Mrsmopp
Monday 20th March 2006, 21:05
Well Ill have a go I think, bring on the 17th of April, My T5's debut run.

Are we all off to the strip (DRAG STRIP Spesh!!) then the weekend following?

x

spesh
Monday 20th March 2006, 21:27
Are we all off to the strip (DRAG STRIP Spesh!!) then the weekend following?

x

16th i meant, opps

mikej
Monday 20th March 2006, 21:39
:wtf: j is you big bruv :slap: well i never , don't tell me wobbly is the younger one :jaw:Gutted i missed last weekend but i dont ave a bloody volvo to turn up in just pug or galaxy still i,m working on it lol.

scooby555
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:23
any one no who has the gold c70 that was down there

volvotuning
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:24
any one no who has the gold c70 that was down there

Chris White's car.

Adam.

Andrew
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:32
Well, what a day.

We saw it all today, bent rods and engines, bigged up power claims that didnt produce, and cars with mte remaps running slower than they used to.

Nice to see the 3 forums all as one "NOT" as the other club members made no attempts to mingle, just an us and them sort of day as usual.

Nice to put some faces to names, IC from the VOC, etc, however i feel had i not made the effort i would not have got to know who they were.

Lol sounds like a few digs there J. ;) To be fair I often attend all Volvo meets from all 3 clubs and I think they're all really friendly but then i think if your going somewhere new it's only right to go up and introduce yourself.

IC is a good chap - as is Stu as is You J. :)

On another note SW's 13 seconds is impressive any way you look at it - sideways, backwards or any other ways. Imagine what would happen if he could put all the power down. It's a great Volvo in my eyes and his first 1/4mile.

I look forward to seeing Spesh's car running too as I think that too will be another great Volvo.

How did Hamish do in his little hill climber thing? I saw it in the workshop last time I was there but never got a chance to ask much about it ?

I was gutted for SiamBlue to hear of his bad news. It sucks (shout if I can help matey).

Gutted I didn't make it cos it looks like one way or another everyone had fun and I think it must have been something special for all 3 main volvo clubs to be represented in some way on the day.

Now Adam - need to speak to you about getting my custom RICA sorted so I can have a go at Santa Pod.

Ac.

scooby555
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:32
thanks was wondering what exhaust he had on soundind nice going down the 1/4 mile

Andrew
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:35
Oh and I forgot to say - from some of the pics I've seen it looks like Dad aka Death aka Engineer had fun times :)

Engineer
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:53
Oh and I forgot to say - from some of the pics I've seen it looks like Dad aka Death aka Engineer had fun times :)Get your a-- of the couch and up to VT then War, you might then be able to catch Death down the M25 or up a 1/4 mile, you've got the weight for traction lol. :wink:

Andrew
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:55
you've got the weight for traction lol. :wink:

Yeah but it's all on one side - so I'll just end up going in circles :P

Justin
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 17:56
Lol sounds like a few digs there J. ;) To be fair I often attend all Volvo meets from all 3 clubs and I think they're all really friendly but then i think if your going somewhere new it's only right to go up and introduce yourself.

IC is a good chap - as is Stu as is You J. :)

On another note SW's 13 seconds is impressive any way you look at it - sideways, backwards or any other ways. Imagine what would happen if he could put all the power down. It's a great Volvo in my eyes and his first 1/4mile.

I look forward to seeing Spesh's car running too as I think that too will be another great Volvo.

How did Hamish do in his little hill climber thing? I saw it in the workshop last time I was there but never got a chance to ask much about it ?

I was gutted for SiamBlue to hear of his bad news. It sucks (shout if I can help matey).

Gutted I didn't make it cos it looks like one way or another everyone had fun and I think it must have been something special for all 3 main volvo clubs to be represented in some way on the day.

Now Adam - need to speak to you about getting my custom RICA sorted so I can have a go at Santa Pod.

Ac.
Just the facts AC, nothing more nothing less.

Engineer
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 18:00
Yeah but it's all on one side - so I'll just end up going in circles :P
They be fast circles though lol.