PDA

View Full Version : None Starter

craigy boy
Saturday 18th March 2006, 15:41
Hi Help Me!!
My 1994 M Reg 850 T5 Won't Start. Its Not The Plugs, Leads Or Lack Of Fuel. I Can't Seem To Get The Thing Started Again Gutted As Its A Bonza Of A Car. Any Ideas?????.

Mrsmopp
Saturday 18th March 2006, 20:27
Hi Help Me!!
My 1994 M Reg 850 T5 Won't Start. Its Not The Plugs, Leads Or Lack Of Fuel. I Can't Seem To Get The Thing Started Again Gutted As Its A Bonza Of A Car. Any Ideas?????.

Hi,

Out of interest did you do a really short journey before the car died?

x

madness
Saturday 18th March 2006, 20:31
yeah- i wondered if the valves have stuck

LeeT5
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 23:58
Hi Help Me!!

Your year and model falls into the 'sticking lifters' category. Was rectified on late 95 on models. If you have a spark, fuel at the fuel rail and lots of crank from the battery then do the following:

Get doner car if possible with engine running attach jump leads (prevents your battery dieing)
Pull fuel pump fuse (No 28 i think 15 amp in under bonnet fuse box)
Crank engine for 15 seconds with throttle fully open. Wait for 1 minute. Crank again 15 seconds throttle closed.
You will now have regained compression due to borewash from previous cranking.
Now replace fuse and crank engine - do not touch throttle. Engine should start. If not, pull fuse and repeat cranking.....then replace and this time apply full throttle.

She should burst into life and blow copious amounts of black smoke. Leave engine running for at least half hour to heat exhaust to evaporate unburnt fuel.

Advise an oil change with a slightly thinner oil.
Good luck.

Andrew
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 00:13
Cracking advice there Lee - well done that man!

LeeT5
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 00:17
Cracking advice there Lee - well done that man!

:frown: Are you being sarchastic???

Andrew
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 00:19
:frown: Are you being sarchastic???

Not at all mate. I'm just giving some praise where praise is deserved. I heartely appreciate good advice from fellow members and I'm sure he will to. I strongly believe members here should be thanked when they take the time and make the effort to help other members rather than just the general chit chat.

If your advice works you've just saved the man a bucket load of cash in taking it to a stealer. Well done!

Long live the Ovlov!

LeeT5
Wednesday 29th March 2006, 00:25
Not at all mate. I'm just giving some praise where praise is deserved. I heartely appreciate good advice from fellow members and I'm sure he will to. I strongly believe members here should be thanked when they take the time and make the effort to help other members rather than just the general chit chat.

If your advice works you've just saved the man a bucket load of cash in taking it to a stealer. Well done!

Long live the Ovlov!

:B_thumb: :Handshake

Someone had the same problem weeks ago in the forum, cant find the link but it worked for them. Common problem...

Thx for the praise!!