PDA

View Full Version : Lamda Light Problem

Broaders
Saturday 18th March 2006, 20:32
Had my 854 t5 rica'd on tuesday (280). Everthing went fine. Hamish did replace the little elbow which had a split.

On Wednesday went to hull, the drive along the m62 was good as the roads were quiet. When I arrived in Hull. whilst sitting in traffic I noticed when just squeesing the throttle the boost was rising but there was significantly less power to call on. My first thought was a splitt hose. Anyway pulled up in the P&O ferry car park as I was going to Amsterdam for a day out. Got back on Friday and got in the car at the car park. Again when setting off there was a lot less power. I waited until I got on the M62 and put my foot down and the power was back to how it should be. Just before I pull up outside my house the Lamda light comes on.

Rung VT they say most likley a spilt hose. Can't really get any time off to travel down either.

Has anyone got any ideas on the above, also has anyone got the picture of where the little elbow is situated as I am best checking that has not come off.

Also to read what fault codes it is coming up with, can anyone post a link to one of the readers on ebay or recomend any of them. It's needs to work on a 1996 850 t5

Thanks

racer
Sunday 19th March 2006, 00:34
Don't have a picture to hand, but the elbow hose is on the drivers side of the inlet manifold, cunningly concealed below the coolant hose and hidden by the back of the power steering pump.

Broaders
Sunday 19th March 2006, 20:54
The light on the dash has gone out this evening, it was only on for one day, is this normal ?