PDA

View Full Version : car won't start!!!

meffs
Saturday 18th March 2006, 16:04
ok, had a flat battery, recharged over night....fine no problems, didn't use it for a couple of days, used it las night no problem. went to it today, turns over but losing charge. ££££ed battery or alternator not charging it? it is one of those batteries that has a little window in it. green, ok, clear ££££ed and black needs recharging. it is showing green. HELP, I need to get out more!

ripper
Saturday 18th March 2006, 16:27
I have recently been having charge problems with my 850. Finally discovered it was the glove box light staying on, causing a draw on the battery.

I would check the alternator charge rate, if that seems ok the you'll need to carry out some check on what is causing the draw on the battery.

The way i did it was to put a VBU501 bulb inbetween the battery positive lead and the positive battery terminal, the bulb will probably light slightly and pulsate, this is because of the clock taking power permanently. however if the bulb lites up brightly with ignition and everything else turned off, then you have a draw on the battery. Then pull the fuses one by one until the bulb goes out, or dims significantly, when this happens then that is the circuit you have the draw on, and you can figure from there.

Hope this helps, i was nearly tearing my hair out when my battery kept going flat.

meffs
Saturday 18th March 2006, 16:39
cheers ripper, but what kind of bulb is that? had quite a fiew beers in between the rugby matches!

meffs
Saturday 18th March 2006, 21:06
Well? If I Said I Offer You 5000whp, Would I Get An Answer?

meffs
Saturday 18th March 2006, 21:07
Once again TY to ripper

racer
Sunday 19th March 2006, 00:01
Just use a multimeter on current range, like everyone else!
;)