PDA

View Full Version : New Turbo - no smile

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 29th September 2004, 14:08
As you might know - I have had some power issues since I have had the turbo replaced on my car. VT finished replacing it with an alternative unit. Alas she is still only able to push 0.6 bar pressure.

I had an overheating problem last week. I replaced the thermostat and the temp was sorted - but a day later I noticed some steam coming out of the bonnet near the edge where the expansion tank is.

I hope this doesn't mean I have some sort of a crack somewhere? We would consistently see problems if that was the case - namely the water jacket would be pushing out like mad - yes?

I am in a bit of a flap even though VT still have the car and I wait nervously for some good news.
:hidesbehi

lance
Wednesday 29th September 2004, 15:06
As you might know - I have had some power issues since I have had the turbo replaced on my car. VT finished replacing it with an alternative unit. Alas she is still only able to push 0.6 bar pressure.

I had an overheating problem last week. I replaced the thermostat and the temp was sorted - but a day later I noticed some steam coming out of the bonnet near the edge where the expansion tank is.

I hope this doesn't mean I have some sort of a crack somewhere? We would consistently see problems if that was the case - namely the water jacket would be pushing out like mad - yes?

I am in a bit of a flap even though VT still have the car and I wait nervously for some good news.
:hidesbehi
:wtf:
Sorry to hear that m8 my fingers r crossed 4 u that its nothing major and will be sorted shortly

Justin
Wednesday 29th September 2004, 15:29
Oh dear :wallbash:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 29th September 2004, 16:03
Deep breathing required - to remain calm - whilst my imagination goes into overdrive!?!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th September 2004, 21:37
Well - Friday looms large. I have not got the car back but at least VT have found the problem & I got a new turbo out of it!

It was an airleak after all! Phew.

:thewave:

GuyD5
Thursday 30th September 2004, 22:26
It was an airleak after all! Phew.

Good news Dave .... tomorrow should be a REALLY good day :wink: :thewave:

beermonsta
Thursday 30th September 2004, 23:05
nice one m8 hope to see the big red brick blasting around soon

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th September 2004, 23:12
It has been tooooo long!

lance
Friday 1st October 2004, 11:14
:thewave: Im very pleased your motors back on track look forward to seeing her in action.
:beer: :gossip: Have a good weekend!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 1st October 2004, 15:00
I have her back and she is on FIRE!!! :thewave:

So just a quiet tootle up the M6 (I think not)

Later

Off the guage on both accounts!!

GuyD5
Friday 1st October 2004, 15:27
Brilliant news Dave ... I'm really pleased for you .... been a long time coming :wink: :D

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 2nd October 2004, 00:19
Damn straight - like it seems to have been an eternity. Time line as it stands - this is the first time I have been completely happy that the power is as good as it can be!

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 2nd October 2004, 10:03
Damn straight - like it seems to have been an eternity. Time line as it stands - this is the first time I have been completely happy that the power is as good as it can be!
so you up for another race now then Dave :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th October 2004, 00:36
Yep - when?

Pedro Fandango
Monday 4th October 2004, 09:39
i suppose BT could come out of retirement for the 17th (although i might have to race my old man aswell :eek: )

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th October 2004, 16:21
Took my baby out to see Justin at his business, this lunchtime. Had a go at making up for the fact he wasnt at Blackpool Pleasure Beach - by inventing my own thrills - T5 style :wink:

I think he was suitably impressed. :worship:

I smiled quite a lot too - Yay! :banana:

I knew the dancin' Banana would come in handy one day!

lance
Monday 4th October 2004, 16:57
I knew the dancin' Banana would come in handy one day![/QUOTE]

Pleased your Rs back on track! :thewave:
,Mines running a dream too, I did 720 miles this weekend with my Dad. Did southhampton to Nottingham in 2.5 hours and along the way I managed to keep up with a new shape 911 turbo for about 50 miles upto 120 untill he came off my route, he must be a bit suprizzed and pissed off/bad driver. I wouldnt have been able to overtake but he couldnt throw me off either.
My Dad loves my T5 and was suitably impressed with my fast safe driving :hidesbehi
Hope a nice weekend was had at Blackpool sorry I couldnt make it but I made up for it with a lot of nice driving and nothing overtaking me as usual :) :)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th October 2004, 00:32
Did the same 850R tour for Guy when I saw him today. Pissed of a merc driver along the way. "Bonus"

more bananas

:funkybana :banana:

GuyD5
Thursday 7th October 2004, 10:27
Did the same 850R tour for Guy when I saw him today. Pissed of a merc driver along the way. "Bonus"

more bananas

:funkybana :banana:

Yes Dave, she's certainly giving her all now ... I suspect the local Bill will be attending if you demonstrate too frequently :wink:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 7th October 2004, 16:59
Yes Dave, she's certainly giving her all now ... I suspect the local Bill will be attending if you demonstrate too frequently :wink:

And that is with a 300bhp version could you have imagined the carnage if Dave had bought Adam's 340 beast!!!! :eek: LOL

x

GuyD5
Thursday 7th October 2004, 18:25
frightening thought :D :hidesbehi

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th October 2004, 19:07
And that is with a 300bhp version could you have imagined the carnage if Dave had bought Adam's 340 beast!!!! :eek: LOL

x

I drive very well thanks missus :wink:

I think that from a start I could give Adam's car a run for it's money

Mrsmopp
Thursday 7th October 2004, 21:29
Until he hits 4 grand in 2nd or 3rd I think we could all give him a go!!! After that we will be looking at his rear spoiler!

x

volvotuning
Thursday 7th October 2004, 21:31
Dave test drove mine on program 2, which I think is about 300 bhp.

Adam.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 7th October 2004, 21:32
I rest my case!! (Wise move Adam!) LOL (Just messing wit cha David!)

x

Justin
Thursday 7th October 2004, 22:01
Hmm, Adam you do like to get your foot down, i still think Dave would struggle evern off the mark!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th October 2004, 01:00
sounds like a challenge to me??? Anyway Adam is giving up on this T5 mallarky.

volvotuning
Friday 8th October 2004, 08:13
sounds like a challenge to me??? Anyway Adam is giving up on this T5 mallarky.

Only from a personal ownership point of view! I ain't giving up on tuning anyone elses!!!

Adam.

Justin
Friday 8th October 2004, 08:26
Thank god for that!

My next project will need your assistance when aquired sir!

Im still on the case for that ecu BTW :wink: