PDA

View Full Version : Tracs retro-fit

nobananas
Friday 17th March 2006, 21:59
Is it possible to retro-fit the traction control system to an 850 not equipped with it and if so anyone know whats involved ?

pzorb
Friday 17th March 2006, 22:12
I'm not challenging your reasoning, but I'm just curious to know why you'd want to? TRACS on the 850 is next to useless IMHO, it sounds like something's broken when it kicks in and that's usually when it's snowy; too little too late. I can't see anyone ever saying that it saved them from a nasty situation.

fraz13
Friday 17th March 2006, 22:24
Tracs is pish, spend the money elsewhere ;)

The Flying Banana
Friday 17th March 2006, 22:26
Is it possible to retro-fit the traction control system to an 850 not equipped with it and if so anyone know whats involved ?

Forget it nobananas, it aint worth it , very snowy here recently never noticed anything worthwhile when it was on or off !!!!!

BlackBeast
Friday 17th March 2006, 22:35
Spend the money on a LSD instead :)

Mrsmopp
Friday 17th March 2006, 22:37
TRACS on the 850 is pants!! You would never know you had it if it weren't for the little button on the dash!

x

Andrew
Friday 17th March 2006, 22:43
I agree - it's really not worth it.
Save your money and put it into some decent tyres.

nobananas
Friday 17th March 2006, 23:10
Geez...consider myself told :rolleyes:

Babybadger
Saturday 18th March 2006, 14:34
Spend the money on a LSD instead :)

Surely we shouldn't be encouraging drug use on this site ....... now where is the melting steering wheel? And why is this seat eating me........?Bananas look at racelogic (http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control) for traction control, you can dial in what you want.

Mine hasn't got it and I don't think I want it either. It eats brake pads and disks as it grabs at the brakes instead of clipping the power to the wheels.

nobananas
Sunday 19th March 2006, 12:41
I was only considering fiiting it as I have noticed that on wet or damp days I can get out of junctions faster in my knackered Laguna then in the Volvo ! Massive amounts of wheelspin in front of a bus stop full of people can be a little embarrassing !

pzorb
Sunday 19th March 2006, 17:01
Massive amounts of wheelspin in front of a bus stop full of people can be a little embarrassing ! Then chuck in the same result but with added terrible grinding/crunching noises from the rotors! You'll still spin up, trust me it's just a PITA :)