PDA

View Full Version : Mixing engine oils

pzorb
Friday 17th March 2006, 12:58
Hello all. I've got about 4 litres of Mobil1 kicking about, a litre of Millersoil XFS, and a litre of generic motorfactors fully synth. Are there any issues with mixing them together? Advice plz :) I recently had to top up semi with fully synth and assumed it was safe to do so...

Richie-T5
Friday 17th March 2006, 14:26
if you want my honest opinion, DO NOT MIX OILS !!!!!!! especially in a turbo engine, oil used in turbos is especially designed to run at high temps. if you mix oil and the oil you put in reacts, or is not compatible it will block up your oil feed to the turbo, and then BANG it goes.

think of it this way, the oil is the life blood of an engine, would you allow a doctor to top you up after an accident with a pint of this and a pint of that ??

mate spend the cash on new oil, save the cash on an engine rebuild ;) always flush out your engine and change filters when putting new oil in, especially if the last oil had had some miles on it, or you are a heavy right foot driver (gets the turbo glowing)

just my opinion, its ure engine :) :) :)

Richie

Babybadger
Friday 17th March 2006, 15:05
Hello all. I've got about 4 litres of Mobil1 kicking about, a litre of Millersoil XFS, and a litre of generic motorfactors fully synth. Are there any issues with mixing them together? Advice plz :) I recently had to top up semi with fully synth and assumed it was safe to do so...

Get yourself another litre of Mobil 1 £12 @ halfords I think, sell the millersoil on ebay and put the fully synth in another car.