PDA

View Full Version : RICA and MBC?

Giles
Saturday 12th March 2005, 08:31
Can you have RICA and a MBC? Or is this just silly?

Mrsmopp
Saturday 12th March 2005, 11:43
Needing more power already Giles LOL!!

You COULD fit an MBC as well as the RICA but it isn't recommended (otherwise I would have done it a long time ago!!)

I'm sure Adam will be on to tell you the technical reasons why.

x

Giles
Saturday 12th March 2005, 11:51
Needing more power already Giles LOL!!

You COULD fit an MBC as well as the RICA but it isn't recommended (otherwise I would have done it a long time ago!!)

I'm sure Adam will be on to tell you the technical reasons why.

x

I'm sure he will! Already given me a bit of an ear bashing for fiddling with my 'new' turbo

volvotuning
Saturday 12th March 2005, 12:12
:) It wasn't meant to be an ear bashing!!!!

Some people who have tried have noticed that the higher boost the MBC is set at, the slower the car at the top end. ie if you over-do it on the MBC, it's the same effect as tightening the wastegate. At least an MBC allows you to do this without meddling with the wastegate, but basically it will only give faster spooling and better low end response, but probably at the expense of top end.

Personally I wouldn't bother because you will end up struggling for traction anyway, making the car slower.

Adam.

mulletboy2
Saturday 12th March 2005, 12:37
Personally I wouldn't bother because you will end up struggling for traction anyway, making the car slower.
Talk about understatement of the year! I struggle for traction with just the RICA :D

Pedro Fandango
Saturday 12th March 2005, 16:31
i think Siamblue is running a MBC on his RICA :shifty:

siamblue
Saturday 12th March 2005, 22:08
Hi Guys,I am running a MBC with the Rica,Because i thought the spool up was a bit slow with the Rica only,So i fitted the MBC as it see, to make the car boost quicker,I have the MBC set low as the car coould wreck your con rods if you boost to much to soon at sub 3k revs. :eek: