PDA

View Full Version : Horn movement

Niles
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 23:13
seen some of you peeps say that you moved the horns on their 850 T5's, why? Is it to help cooling?

pzorb
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 23:19
Yeah some people consider that more air can reach the front of the radiator, thus cooling it further. Also if you change the front grill to a mesh type, it's more aesthetically pleasing without the horns on show. I haven't seen any proof of increased power tho, and my horns remain where they are ;)

RPM
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 23:29
I moved mine when I put the modded grille on.

With it being mesh, you could see the horns straight through it...............

BlackBeast
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 23:51
I moved mine when I put the modded grille on.

With it being mesh, you could see the horns straight through it...............

I need to move mine for that very reason :slap:

Jod T5
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 07:24
I need to move mine for that very reason :slap:
horn relocation is a simple task as the existing wiring is long enough and there is a attachment point behind the air front air dam....i know this sounds silly but make sure they are repositioned facing down wards so that any water that may be sprayed up will drain.
alternativly consider a f/o air horn..... :jaw:

nobananas
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 21:09
I moved mine a while ago, only thing I've noticed is that now you can't hear the damn things !

RPM
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 21:19
I opted for the easy option.

They are now resting on the platform in front of the battery........

merely un-bolted from the bracket, bolted together then place on the tray!

racer
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 21:21
<FX: Looks at air horns still in box>
Yeah, I must get round to doing this! Primary reason being that the existing horns look :pants: with the black mesh grille. The performance argument is that it makes your intercooler more efficient. Which is also :pants: .

It may well increase the airflow through the intercooler, but it won't make any difference to its efficiency. There might well be gains in SUSTAINED power, but I doubt it will be noticeable unless you cruise along motorways at 120 plus!

Not that I'm much of an expert on turbo engines, but I've been reading....

Some bloke from VT is probably going to shoot me down in flames! :hidesbehi

Engineer
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 21:37
Every little helps lol.

nobananas
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 22:07
I bought a 'nautilus' twin air horn thingy which takes up less space but is very loud......but I haven't fitted it yet (probably 'cause it's not very exciting !)

BlackBeast
Wednesday 15th March 2006, 22:36
Every little helps lol.

Its the little touches. I was going to hack at it and remove that pillar completely, but drilling a few holes like that is a much better idea :)