PDA

View Full Version : Help Car Still all over the place

Markzx
Monday 13th March 2006, 19:23
Hi Chaps and chapesses

My C70 started becoming very camber sensortive, tramlining and generally wondering around on uneven road surfaces. I thought The shocks must be knick knacked so I installed a full set of bilstien lowering spring and ajustable shocks + new wishbones and guess what? it sits better and handle just the same.

Any Ideas as to what's gone etc.

BigJC
Monday 13th March 2006, 21:00
Have you had it laser aligned to check the chassis is as it should be and the new geometry is correctly set up?

It could also be tyres, some are prone to tramlining depending on size/pressure etc.

You could always opt for a strut brace from Volvo as it has improved my handling no end & I've got standard suspension....at the minute.

Markzx
Monday 13th March 2006, 21:12
Have you had it laser aligned to check the chassis is as it should be and the new geometry is correctly set up?

It could also be tyres, some are prone to tramlining depending on size/pressure etc.

You could always opt for a strut brace from Volvo as it has improved my handling no end & I've got standard suspension....at the minute.

4 almost new Perreli PZero Rosso's at tyre pressure always used. Has strut brace and had lazor alinment at Demon Tweks. This feels like all the bushes and track rods are loose. It pulls the steering wheel in which ever dirrection it happens to be drifting

racer
Monday 13th March 2006, 21:31
If you're near DT and they did an alignment for you, I'd go back there and ask them to drive it. I've had a lot of experience with DT and they know what they're doing,

BigJC
Monday 13th March 2006, 21:38
I agree with Racer, get it back to DT. Just how big are those tyres, are you running standard rims or 18/19/20"? But as you mentioned, it could well be bushes, you notice these more under braking.

Markzx
Monday 13th March 2006, 22:10
If you're near DT and they did an alignment for you, I'd go back there and ask them to drive it. I've had a lot of experience with DT and they know what they're doing,

5 miles away from DT. and they also have done the allinment on my 300 and my TRD.

Markzx
Monday 13th March 2006, 22:12
I agree with Racer, get it back to DT. Just how big are those tyres, are you running standard rims or 18/19/20"? But as you mentioned, it could well be bushes, you notice these more under braking.

wheels and tyres are standard 17 ins.

volvotuning
Monday 13th March 2006, 22:47
Change the Pirelli zeros. ;) Try a different tyre and see if that makes any difference.

Adam.

Markzx
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 09:50
Change the Pirelli zeros. ;) Try a different tyre and see if that makes any difference.

Adam.

Had the car2years and had 2 sets of these tyres and never had this problem before. + I had a 90mph blow out with these tyres on and though I thought the tyre must be punctured wasn't 100 percent till I pulled over and saw a 2 and a 1/2 inch hole in the tyre and my inner wheel arch shreaded.

So I kinda feel comfortable with them, but I'll change em round and see if that makes any difference..

racer
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 10:15
As a quick test, find someone on here who's near you and ask them to swap wheels & tyres for a quick test run. Would either show up a tyre issue or rule it out. Helpful info either way.

Markzx
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 10:52
As a quick test, find someone on here who's near you and ask them to swap wheels & tyres for a quick test run. Would either show up a tyre issue or rule it out. Helpful info either way.

I'm near Wrexham.

Thinl its going to have to wait a few weels now as I'm in hospital for a opperation in the mornining and woun't be able to drive for a month.

Their going to send a prob into my skull to see if there is anything resembling a brain

Liddo
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 11:23
Mine does EXACTLY the same mate. Ive had 2 S70's and they never wander like the C70 does :( Ive got a feeling my rack is knackered or something. Just ordered a set of drop links off Ebay for £35 delivered, so theyre going on this weekend providing the weather is ok.

Keep us informed mate, it might help us with our problems ;)

stuAWD
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 13:08
Mine did exactly the same, wandered all over place, even followed the ruts left by the big boys on the m/ways. Changed to to pirelli P7000, car is cured.

Bigtony
Tuesday 14th March 2006, 18:22
4 almost new Perreli PZero Rosso's at tyre pressure always used. Has strut brace and had lazor alinment at Demon Tweks. This feels like all the bushes and track rods are loose. It pulls the steering wheel in which ever dirrection it happens to be drifting

Hi mate

Check your track rods, Ball Joints and steering rack, gotta remember big wheels and tyres put a lot of strain on the rack. Check the off set of the wheels as well the wron offset can cause tramlining.