PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Replacement??

LucieDom
Monday 13th March 2006, 17:55
Can anyone tell me if and when you should replace a turbo. Our S60 t5 2001 115000m seems slow and I am sure I used to hear the turbo make a noise when you put your foot down, now I dont hear anything. I read about the Watchdog ETM problems could it be that.. Had problems with hunting, sluggish on start ups and the car not always speeding up properly, unreliable on overtakes etc. We have only just had the car serviced by volvo 2000m ago and had lots done... im miffed and now broke ha ha

GATHY
Monday 13th March 2006, 18:03
Take it to volvo unfortunalty ...

there will be some good advice on here but at the end of the day youll be no wiser if your not mechanically minded and at volvo they should be able to find the problem and only charge for the verdit.
its up to you if they fix it or not

if you cannot hear the turbo spool up could be caused by numerous things like worn bearing etc.

just bit the bullet and take here to volvo or a good independent in your area it will be less of a headache for you

LucieDom
Monday 13th March 2006, 18:06
Thanx alot for the advice, does anyone know a good indpendant I can go to, just rung volvo and its £90.00 an hour plus vat to do diagnostics check..

Im in surrey?

Ian C70T5
Monday 13th March 2006, 19:16
my advice, no matter where you are.

go to volvo tuning.. they will give honest opinion and good prices

hamish
Monday 13th March 2006, 19:17
Hi,

Please come and see us ! I know exactly what the problem is ! (but we're in Worcestershire !) It's going to cost £ Pls. P.M. me ,to repair ! Failing that I know a couple of good independants both in Surrey.

Regards,
Hamish.
Chip Tuning Ltd.
01527 577710

LucieDom
Monday 13th March 2006, 19:36
Hi Hamish,

I tried to pm you but it says that you have exceeded your quota?

LucieDom
Thursday 16th March 2006, 00:00
Hi Hamish,

Would appreciate your advice if you can get back to me about fixing the car as the problem seems to be getting worse... :-(((