PDA

View Full Version : New brakes or a Electronic boost gauge?

siamblue
Friday 10th March 2006, 23:30
As some of you guys are aware I have just upgraded the car this week to a 19T and some Bilstein Sports struts, I am next looking at either a big brake kit, or a Electronic Boost gauge,
Just wondering what you guys think i should acquire,
the brakes are Porshe 996 calipers with Ap 300mm x 28 discs,
the EBC would be the Blitz Boost Controller SBC i-D III JET SILVER,
details as follows,

This is the most advanced boost controller available from Blitz and uses a twin solenoid set up for better response and holding high boost pressures. Maximum controllable boost is 2.5 bar (36.75 psi). Like the SBC Spec S and R units, it also features four programmable channels for setting up boost pressure, and is suitable for both actuator and remote waste gate driven turbos. It has an impressive list of functions that include a boost warning and limiter, scramble, speed map (only used with the Blitz Power Meter iD), record and replay mode, automatic peak boost hold, data display (with optional harness), graphical boost and speed chart, and fully adjustable contrast. There is also an additional gain setting that allows you to programme the response time of the turbos. The SBC-iD comes in silver or black and the head unit is 1/2 din size.

When the Power Meter iD is linked to the SBC-iD via the infra-red portal on both units, it allows the speed map function to be used; this enables six different boost settings to be used across the speed range of the vehicle.

If you purchase the optional harness (part number 15053) you will be able to read any of the ECU parameters that output between 0-16V through the SBC-iD display. This means you will be able to view such information as injector pulse width, inlet air temperature, airflow, throttle and many other data readings making it easy to keep a close check over how your engine is performing.

Anyone had any experience with the above?

GARY.

BlackBeast
Friday 10th March 2006, 23:38
You already know my opinion :)

Engineer
Friday 10th March 2006, 23:45
As some of you guys are aware I have just upgraded the car this week to a 19T and some Bilstein Sports struts, I am next looking at either a big brake kit, or a Electronic Boost gauge,
Just wondering what you guys think i should acquire,
the brakes are Porshe 996 calipers with Ap 300mm x 28 discs,
the EBC would be the Blitz Boost Controller SBC i-D III JET SILVER,
details as follows,

This is the most advanced boost controller available from Blitz and uses a twin solenoid set up for better response and holding high boost pressures. Maximum controllable boost is 2.5 bar (36.75 psi). Like the SBC Spec S and R units, it also features four programmable channels for setting up boost pressure, and is suitable for both actuator and remote waste gate driven turbos. It has an impressive list of functions that include a boost warning and limiter, scramble, speed map (only used with the Blitz Power Meter iD), record and replay mode, automatic peak boost hold, data display (with optional harness), graphical boost and speed chart, and fully adjustable contrast. There is also an additional gain setting that allows you to programme the response time of the turbos. The SBC-iD comes in silver or black and the head unit is 1/2 din size.

When the Power Meter iD is linked to the SBC-iD via the infra-red portal on both units, it allows the speed map function to be used; this enables six different boost settings to be used across the speed range of the vehicle.

If you purchase the optional harness (part number 15053) you will be able to read any of the ECU parameters that output between 0-16V through the SBC-iD display. This means you will be able to view such information as injector pulse width, inlet air temperature, airflow, throttle and many other data readings making it easy to keep a close check over how your engine is performing.

Anyone had any experience with the above?

GARY.ROTFLMSO..................................... but have voted lol.

arbee
Saturday 11th March 2006, 07:37
brakes for sure, they even look nice as well as being functional!

T5TIM
Saturday 11th March 2006, 08:51
Always gona be brakes first

Unless you race then is POWER!! :insane:

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th March 2006, 09:50
Leave it as it is and just spend the cash on petrol.