PDA

View Full Version : Brake lights on one side dont work...

r07s
Friday 10th March 2006, 14:36
Howdo,

Anybody had the above symtom? My driverside has stopped working - have changed bulbs and checked all visible wiring for damage etc... :worried:

Wondered if anybody else had experienced this?

chrs

stuAWD
Friday 10th March 2006, 21:20
Howdo,

Anybody had the above symtom? My driverside has stopped working - have changed bulbs and checked all visible wiring for damage etc... :worried:

chrs
Same experience, but it happened that the new bulb was a dud as well as the old one.
Maybe bad seating in the bulb hoder/bad connection. If you got a multimeter do a continuity test on the circuit, although this dont always give you the fault your after, but it is a start. :B_steerin

LeeT5
Friday 10th March 2006, 23:19
Howdo,

chrs

If the light works on the other side then it is not the switch and not fuse. U need a power probe to power up the circuit and check continuity. Has to be a loose connection somewhere, speak to a volvo technician at the main stealer. Not come across it my self, sorry.

JackT5
Saturday 11th March 2006, 06:56
Does the bulb failure warning light up? May be a fault with the failure warning unit, i think the feed goes to it and then a separate feed out to each brake light. On my saloon its under the trim on the rear panel.

r07s
Saturday 11th March 2006, 10:19
Im not convinced i have problem anymore! I was behind an 850 for a bit yesterday and realised that the brake light is the top red light!! :wtf:

I drove into halfords yesterday cos my bulb failure light had started coming on when braking - didnt know what side it was so asked captain ££££ from halford to come outside and tell me. The light cluster i looked at has 3 bulbs, the middle being reverse the other 2 i now presume are tail/fog lights!!

I reckon if i check the top buld it'll be knackered :slap:! Well thats what im hoping anyhow...

Got to watch the Barain Qualifying first though :B_thumb:

Thanks for the posts of advice guys - always appreciated!