PDA

View Full Version : look what arrived today

mavv
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:59
Ordered on sunday from volvopartsonline

Good quality, nice detail, small and subtle, not fitted yet :)

HEICO door pins

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3631/interior11_001.jpg
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3631/interior11_002.jpg

couldn't get a good photo of the detail :(

Azza
Thursday 9th March 2006, 21:15
I fitted those to my c70 last weekend :)

They look lovely when they're done, just make sure you have a pair of pliers handy!

Azza

dicky b t5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 21:42
How much Mavv, can't seem to get on their site at the mo....! :)

mavv
Thursday 9th March 2006, 23:09
£32 + delivery...

Vikingxl
Thursday 9th March 2006, 23:24
Might find it easier to snip a few mm off the thread on the lock mechanism so you can screw them on easier!

After_Shock
Friday 10th March 2006, 03:15
Do you have to take the door cards off to do this mod?

mraldonnelly
Friday 10th March 2006, 08:05
Do you have to take the door cards off to do this mod?

No, unless the original pin is stuck so hard that the connector between pin and lock becomes disconnected when you try to unscrew it.

Nice little mod but as Viking says, if you want them to fit flush with the door you'll need to remove a little of the thread. I have mine sitting half a centimetre up from the door because I drive with the doors locked anyway so otherwise the pins would never be seen.

Regards

Andy

mavv
Sunday 12th March 2006, 00:06
Don't think I would bother cutting down either...

Well the old ones will not come off, they are moving but just keep on turning, took a door card off and whole pin and metal rod is turning..

So gripped pin with one set of pliers and rod with other and damn me I can't get it off, no matter how hard i grip the pin will mot move without the rod turning??

Bit of a pain just to fit door pins...GGGrrrr

is it just a case of them being really tight, thought about getting mole grips or that..Only tried one door so far..

Any ideas / help??

pzorb
Sunday 12th March 2006, 00:11
Mavv be real careful there. On my 850 I have my front passenger door card off, and it's *very* easy to get the pin and it's rod to come out of the rubber seal, as the little black circular clip that connects to the internals isn't desinged for more than up/down movement. That happened to me by accident, and the little black clip is now lost in the mechanism. FUBAR. Well, more FUBAR than it was before.

Vikingxl
Sunday 12th March 2006, 00:14
Cant help you there mate mine came off no problem at all

mraldonnelly
Sunday 12th March 2006, 11:12
Grip the rod in a vice and turn the pin anti colckwise. A bit of chamois leather between mole grips and pin helps to grip the old pin too. And it prevents damage to the original pins should you wish to re-use it in future.

regards

Andy

stuAWD
Sunday 12th March 2006, 14:11
Forgive me I'm old and infirm, what are dees fings you fitting to the volvo doors?

Andy
Sunday 12th March 2006, 14:51
Forgive me I'm old and infirm, what are dees fings you fitting to the volvo doors?

They are posh brushed silver door pins which replace the plastic grey pins that are currently on show on top of each door card.

Bigpunter
Sunday 12th March 2006, 16:55
Hi Mavv,

I bought the Heico door pins when PFV first got them in, however you can't fit them to our S40's (only the new S40) as the plastic ones are moulded to the metal rod, some of mine were turning too. The pins don't even fit through the hole in the door card on our 40's. Don't know if you could modify the rod or not but I didn't want to break anything!

I sent mine back and bought the Heico pedals instead, look well sweet and are actually road legal unlike everyother metal pedal set I looked at.

Sorry to bring you the bad news mate. :(

mavv
Thursday 16th March 2006, 20:35
cheers mate I have just found this out after going to the dealers...pin is connected to rod, I also noticed the new pin does not fit through the wee grommet...

I'll just sell them...

Anybody want to buy a set of HEICO door pins, never fitted...For s40 phase 2 i take it only....

£30 delivered

Bigpunter
Thursday 16th March 2006, 20:56
The door pins only fit the new S40/V50 models (think the heico website lists what they fit too aside from new models).

They don't fit phase I or II on the old style x40's as mine is the Phase II and I had the same problem as you. :frown:

mavv
Sunday 19th March 2006, 17:30
on the site they say they these ones fit upto 2001 s40's which is crap as they don't...

dreadly
Monday 20th March 2006, 07:21
on the site they say they these ones fit upto 2001 s40's which is crap as they don't...

You can send them back then, as they are not fit for purpose.

Dreadly

mavv
Friday 31st March 2006, 21:46
sold them on ebay :lol: but only for £20..:(