PDA

View Full Version : ECU Upgrade advice???

lee632
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:31
I am wanting to get my ECU chipped. What's the best upgrade at moment and does it make a huge difference?

volvotuning
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:34
I am wanting to get my ECU chipped. What's the best upgrade at moment and does it make a huge difference?

Hi Lee,

What car do you have? What model year is it?

Adam.

lee632
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:38
Whoops Sorry, that would help...98'R' S70 T5 Manual.

mikej
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:50
Rica 310bhp upgrade and oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes does it make a difference its been said many times by myself and others rica is a must for any t5 , i had the same car and upgrade and would gladly pay VT to do it again although they are a bit slow at making the tea lol always eating Mc donalds if i remember right!! :B_steerin
A T5 is just slow without one .
mike

Daz T5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 21:10
Lee

Like Mike says above it transforms the car, not just power though, it's more torquey as well and better on fuel!! This is the the first T5 i've had Rica'd, and pound for pound, it's by far the best value bhp per £.
You're not far from me, i'd be happy to take you for a blast in mine anytime.

Darren

lee632
Thursday 9th March 2006, 22:30
Cheers,

That would be great, can see what i'm getting myself into then... I will let you know when i'm free and i can meet you on route somewhere.

Lee

JO5EPH
Thursday 9th March 2006, 22:34
Like Mike says above it transforms the car, not just power though, it's more torquey as well and better on fuel!! This is the the first T5 i've had Rica'd, and pound for pound, it's by far the best value bhp per £.
Darren

Is it the 280 or 310?

Joe :)

Daz T5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 22:59
310 :)

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 11th March 2006, 02:26
one word...

RICA

Green T5R
Saturday 11th March 2006, 08:47
Couple of words. Make sure you investigate the other options too before commiting yourself and there are some very good other options out there.

Regards

Iain

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th March 2006, 10:09
I would say go for the RICA.It not only gives more power but just smoothes out the power delivery as well and makes the car a load nicer to drive.Great value for money and as a lot of people will tell you worth every penny.