PDA

View Full Version : Can you change factory fitted options?

Luke
Thursday 10th March 2005, 18:54
Well, the title says it all really, can they be changed?

For example if I find a CD spec car at a salvage yard and I decide I want to steal some of the goodies, what will actually work in my SE spec V70? The one option I'm really interested in is the heated seats, I won't be actively looking, but I would like to know if it is an option if I did come accross a good donor car.

I know that things like electric seats can be retro-fitted on some cars because the wiring is in place regardless of the options fitted, I'm just not sure if that is the case with the V70.

Anyway, I'm just curious!

SaffronC70
Thursday 10th March 2005, 19:00
Sell this new car you have, hehe :)

Luke
Thursday 10th March 2005, 19:04
No, it is just perfect, I've only had it a day so I'm still getting used to the lack of options. The only reason I ask is because I will be hunting around salvage yards looking for a V/S/C70 with a nice dash inlay and was wondering what I should do if I found one with decent heated seats, are they worth getting or will I not be able to fit them to my car?

the dude
Thursday 10th March 2005, 22:16
Anything's possible! i know a company near where i live (hertfordshire) who do a lot of work for the local merc dealers (and many other makes incuding volvo!) fitting options that didn't come from the factory. stuff like rev sensors (o/e not cheap add on's) and command system's etc... so if you can buy it i'm sure theres someone who can fit it!! they have a web site on www.braybrooks.co.uk