PDA

View Full Version : Autodimming Rear View Mirror On C70's??

After_Shock
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 20:25
Does anyone know of a retro fit item that could be fitted straight into the C70 to offer an autodimming feature?

There was some talk of this idea on one of the US boards and supposedly the S70's and P1 V70's had an autodimming mirror option which could be fit straight onto the C70, anyone confirm this idea as lost the thread on the other board!

Phuturephantasy
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 20:51
My Ford Scorpio (Yes the funny frog faced thing) had one of these and I do miss it (along with side mirrors that automatically dip when you select reverse)

Not sure about a retro fit that goes straight on but I believe the later Volvo ones were supplied by Gentex and they do sell aftermarket ones that wil fit any car.

I know this isn't a UK site but it gives you an idea as to how many different ones that can be obtained.

autodimmingmirrors (http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/store/index.php?cat_id=1&catname='Gentex%20Auto%20Dimming%20Mirrors')

t5tart
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 21:12
must have this

clicky (http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/store/view_product.php?product=50-GENK20)

After_Shock
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 21:16
Now that is handy, see a group buy coming along! Do they do a night vision example :B_steerin

dicky b t5
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 21:25
Does anyone know of a retro fit item that could be fitted straight into the C70 to offer an autodimming feature?

There was some talk of this idea on one of the US boards and supposedly the S70's and P1 V70's had an autodimming mirror option which could be fit straight onto the C70, anyone confirm this idea as lost the thread on the other board!
The Auto Dim on a P1 V70 must have been a USA option only....
Its not under the options list for UK. :slap:

After_Shock
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 21:26
thanks for confirming that, thought never spotted it before. Its just annoying after driving cars at work with them on that cant get one on the C70, but saying that summers coming so not much use for one then.

01c70t5
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 23:51

My C70's got the dimmin rear view mirror - should be an option somewhere along the lines.

After_Shock
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 23:57
Is it definately an auto dimming one or just the manual adjustment one?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 9th March 2006, 00:04
New C70 Coupe/cab has them - so I guess with not much imagination you'd be able to get spares from the main dealers.

After_Shock
Thursday 9th March 2006, 08:35
True, could easily get the ones out of the S60/V70 range aswell, will see what size the ones are in the new C70 and also how much they are!

S60D5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 08:59
I have one - well worth it!

I cant seem to turn it off though, whereas in the Peugeot 407 there is a button on the mirror to turn off the auto dimming cleverness.

01c70t5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 11:14

I cant seem to turn it off though, whereas in the Peugeot 407 there is a button on the mirror to turn off the auto dimming cleverness.
Is there not a button underneath?

They must have changed them from the C70 to the S60

S60D5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 12:08
Is there not a button underneath?

They must have changed them from the C70 to the S60

Might be - I'll have a look in a few minutes :)

LeeT5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 12:14

:slap: Why would you want to turn it off???

And just so everyone knows main stealer do do them but they cost hundreds, so i would get them from the site on T5tart's quote.

S60D5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 12:24
:slap: Why would you want to turn it off???

If you've got the reading lights on, the mirror is dimmed down to such an extent that is near impossible to see using it!

LeeT5
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:23
If you've got the reading lights on, the mirror is dimmed down to such an extent that is near impossible to see using it!

You mean you read, look in the mirror and drive all at the same time???
Impressive. :bricks: Surely if you are reading then you are not driving. Or do u mean passengers? Anyhow If you replace bulbs with red ones then that will cure the problem and your passengers can still read.

AMAZON122
Friday 17th March 2006, 15:34
I had to replace mine a couple of months ago on 98 C70. List price from Volvo was £120. Volvo part # 9464 006-7