PDA

View Full Version : turbo timer & rear wash wiper

banjostu
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 20:16
couple of quick questions is there a rear wash wiper fitment available for the c70 coupe and also i am considering having a turbo timer installed on my vehicle does anyone have any experience of these? and are they worth the costs? any help greatly appreciated cheers folks

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 20:21
Do a search on turbo tumers there has been a bit of discussion due to the alarm not arming and the doors can't be locked by the remote when the engine is running...I'm yet to sort this out on my car....

as for the C70 wah wipe I can't help sorry

banjostu
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 20:40
chees for that judgeninja after reading a few previous posts on the timers i think i will kick that idea into touch especially living in sunny manchester, security is a bit more of importance. Does anyone have any thoughts on the rear wash wipe though emphasis on the wipe rather than the wash cheers

fraz13
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 21:14
The problem is just trying to work out the correct wires in the ignition, The car still locks after the engine switches off then its secure. Mines set for 10 secs but by the time a get out the car and shut the door the engines just about to go off anyway. When you remove the key the steering lock still works as normal, I think turbo timers are great, I personally would say get one but there not cheap, keep an eye on ebay for one ;)

After_Shock
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 21:18
Would say im 90% sure they dont do one for the C70 as theres no where to mount the wiper on the back and no cables running anywhere near it, will check along with the rear blinds for everyone tomorrow as been off ill.

Waxworks
Thursday 9th March 2006, 09:39
I have a turbo timer as part of my Clifford alarm and it works well. As the turbo timer is counting down you can still lock the vehicle and it automatically activates part of the alarm so that if someone attemps to break in then the alarm will sound and the engine will shut down and immobolise itself.
Once the turbo timer has finished counting down the engines shuts down and the alarm is fully operational, also there is a facility so that you can keep the vehicle running and alarm the vehicle without the turbo timer counting down, this is ideal if you are getting cash out an ATM or if you are doing a short stop.
Remote start can be added to all Clifford alarms, it took the technition all day to install my alarm and to check his instalation he simply plugged it into his laptop!
All Clifford alarms carry a lifetime guarantee as long as you own the vehicle.

banjostu
Thursday 9th March 2006, 13:47
that sounds like a top alarm system what model is it and what was the cost if you dont mind my asking if it protects my motor which i will be keeping it has got to be worth it

Waxworks
Thursday 9th March 2006, 14:43
Can't remember the model number but i know it was part of the new G5 series, cost me £700 a couple of years ago, and i have more or less used the remote start every day as I used my car for my mobile valeting business. An absolute godsend after spending all day in the heat washing peoples cars to remote start the car with the air-con running about 15 mins before getting into it, and vice versa in the winter!
Alarm has loads of other features more than i can remember and every installation is a one off to beat the car thief.

Goof
Thursday 9th March 2006, 15:49
Leaving a motor vehicle running and un-attended on the highway used to be an offence.
Probably worth checking.

Imported vehicles (i.e. turbo diesels from Japan) have to have their turbo-timer removed before they can be checked and certified for use in the UK.

arryjmc
Thursday 9th March 2006, 19:06
Got a blitz DCII and it works great, and i dont have a problem arming the alarm or locking the doors with the engine running, not sure what i've done different to everyone else :-) I can find wire colour if anyone is interested

fraz13
Thursday 9th March 2006, 20:19
Mine worked great in ma old T5 but cant lock the doors with the remote on the R, Dunno if the wire colours are different, I have a wiring diagram but still cant get it to work proper, All works fine apart from the engine needs to stop before the remote works....

Bigtony
Thursday 9th March 2006, 23:46
Leaving a motor vehicle running and un-attended on the highway used to be an offence.
Probably worth checking.

Imported vehicles (i.e. turbo diesels from Japan) have to have their turbo-timer removed before they can be checked and certified for use in the UK.

Yeah I got done for that, according to the old bill this was to a measure to secure my motor :wtf: . The funny thing is that my missus was in the car at the time sitting in the passenger seat, they reached in through the drivers window turned off the car and asked her to get out so they could lock the car up. What happened next..........my missus got done for rude and aggresive behaviour and assulting a police officer! :jaw:

We got off when we went to court as the Judge decided that they should have turned the car off then give to keys to the missus. He also repremanded the old bill for being provocative. :haha: