PDA

View Full Version : help required heater blower

d smith
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 17:33
hi there new to the forum got a y reg v70 t5 the heater blower just stopped working and also go a pubble in the passager side foot well please help?
cheers
d smith :bricks:

t5owner
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 17:41
The puddle is possibly related to the heater matrix failing (common fault on volvo`s) lift up the interior carpet and check the foam padding / sound proofing thats under it if its a funny green colour and very wet then its deffo the heater matrix as thats coolant thats leaking

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2929&highlight=HEATER+MATRIX

Thats the thread regarding replacement but its for P1 S/V/C70`s i`m assuming that yours is probs a P2 V70 AS IT`S "y" plated

Not sure about your blower tho could be a loose connection or a fuse no doubt someone on here will know more about it

Cheers

stuart

t5tart
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 17:42
probably the resistor
has it stopped on all speeds or just the first 3 or just 4 ??

could also be a fuse
think there are 2 on the v70 like the 850

d smith
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 17:47
was working on sunday but has stopped all together now

t5tart
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 17:49
no speeds at all??
umm
well first check the fuses then the resistor

d smith
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 18:05
checked the fuses under the bonet and by the drivers door all ok where abouts is the resistor

Andrew
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 18:20
Puddle in the passenger side footwell is nearly always a sure indicator of a heater matrix failure....
:(

t5tart
Wednesday 8th March 2006, 19:07
not sure tbh and havent got my haynes manual to hand

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 9th March 2006, 00:16
I have a heater matrix going spare if you need it. It is a dash out job. The blower fan is behind the glove box. It has been known for the fan to give up. Alas I have already sold my spare.

racer
Thursday 9th March 2006, 08:08
> It is a dash out job.
Not on the V70. So long as you're not 7 foot tall, you can swap the matirx by removing the side trim panels from the centre console. OK, it's head in the footwell time, but you don't have to rip the whole dash out.

t5owner
Thursday 9th March 2006, 09:21
Not want to pee on anyones parade here but the chaps got a P2 V70 or so i assume as its on a "Y" plate so not so sure about the heater matrix on these it could well be a dash out job for those models as "wobbly" states

Easy on P1 cars as i have done it myself but they may have changed the design for P2 seeing as they are a common failure on the P1`s

Cheers

stuart

Liddo
Monday 13th March 2006, 15:58
My blower motor failed on my old S70. £350 from Volvo :jaw:

It started by flashing the lights on the Climate control panel, then it'd come to life, but as soon as I swtich it off, it'd stick. Try removing the glove box, and I think theres a plastic shroud around it, and the motor and resistor comes out as one lump! Give it a manual spin, and put it back. It might work, it might not