PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick.

welsh_baron
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:39
Sorry to post this here. Just need some help quick.

Hi all,

By the way I'm new to this forum so hello all

Ok now for some help if you don't mind. Is this car being sold on Ebay worth the money?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Hope someone can tell me.

Thanks all.

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:41
Looks nice but i would not like to say ask mrsmopp or someone with loads of expirience engineer is also a good person to ask

welsh_baron
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:43
Ok thanks I really hope that Mrsmopp will be online :D

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:44
Without actually viewing the car its difficult to tell - looks clean, looks like it has all the right toys, mileage is ok, 2k max is about the money IMO.

x

MattB
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:46
When I click the link - 'Page is not responding'.
Do you have the item number??

welsh_baron
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:46
How long will the engine last for, asked my brother-in-law and he told me it was high milage. I don't really see it that way if your do around 12,000 miles a year.

I asked him about the cambelt etc said it had been changed. Also it's getting another service before being sold.

Just don't want to buy something and spend loads on it. Wife would kill me..lol

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:47
There we go give the bloke a ring and pop and have a look and take someone who knows with you unless you know yourself??

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:50
Item number 4618154069

welsh_baron
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:50
linke on Ebay is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4618154069&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It's just jumped to £2,200 and as MrsMopp said would only be worth around £2000 and I will take the advice :D

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:53
Have a look at this http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8193 I'm not sure what your budgt is but this is a cracking car and we know a bit more of its history (its been owned by 2 forum members)

144k isn't high mileage for a T5 as long as its been well looked after and treated with respect. We know of T5's on here with over 200k on the clock that are still sprightly.

If buying from ebay I would always reserve a couple of hundred quid from your budget to put into the car once you ahve bought it - best case scenario is that you dont have to replace any parts, but if you do at least you have a little stash to help you out.

x

MattB
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:53
Thanks for the links and item number! :remybussi

I agree with Moppy. :troutslap

marshall_volvo
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:56
That is a bargain shame he had not got it for swaps :)

welsh_baron
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 20:56
MrsMopp,

Thanks I've already Pm'd the person selling but got no reply. I've seen that first and I'm defo interested in it.

Wanted to know if he still had it. Most of my cars have been Auto's so no issues there.