PDA

View Full Version : Silly bulb replacement question..

Azza
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 12:14
Hi all, forgive my stupidity but i'm getting slightly confused as i want to replace the bulbs for my lights. Looking in the manual, my main beam is H7 and my fog lights are H3. Are there actually 2 sets (4 in total) of H7 lights, for main beam (normal) and high beam ? Or does it just provide more power to the one set of H7 bulbs when you use your high beam ?

I've seen people saying that they've got different powered bulbs for their "normal" beam and their high beam, but as i get back late from work and it's still dark, i can't actually see if there are 2 sets...

Thanks

Azza

After_Shock
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 13:08
Yeah there are two sets of H7's, as you say one for dipped beams and the others for main beam.

Azza
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 13:16
Aha, thanks for confirming what i thought, but wasn't too sure about!

I'm wondering whether it's worth experimenting with different types of bulbs for main/high beam, or is it the "status quo" to have the same bulbs (i don't want anything which isn't road-legal though!)

And i was thinking of maybe getting some "blue tint" (if they are actually blue at all!) ones for my fog lights..

Thanks again.

Azza

After_Shock
Tuesday 7th March 2006, 19:32
Just get the same for both of the headlight ones, tried yellow ones in my fogs in last car with good results but there very much an aquired taste!