PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Nightmare

Crazy Eddie
Monday 6th March 2006, 14:53
Guys please help.
The electrical fault light along with the winter mode light are flashing on my dash and the automatic box on my 98 V70 T5 sometimes won't select a gear. When this happens I have tried to select 3 manualy but still the engine just revs, even reverse won't go. It seems tempermental but as you can imagine not safe!!!
Any ideas or anyone come accross anything like this before?

Thanks

Eddie

Crazy Eddie
Monday 6th March 2006, 19:46
Please someone must have an idea,
Going out of my mind as finaly thought everything was running great.

Engineer
Monday 6th March 2006, 19:57
Could be terminal mate, but before you cut your throat check out the solenoid connections on the box just follow the wiring these sometimes become corroded and can give the symtoms you describe. Get some electrical connection cleaner and give it a go. Failing that it could be a malfunction of the actual solenoid/s can't be more specific than that going by your desciption mate.

Dan850
Monday 6th March 2006, 21:18
Try reading the codes, mine has done something similer, my code was 313 pnp sensor malfuntion, usually go up and down the box a couple of times and it cures it.

T5 Ben
Monday 6th March 2006, 21:28
Hi mate.I had similar probs with my Renault.They changed the gear box potentiometer and charged me a fortune but has been fine since,could possibly be something simple like this.

Good luck!

Ben. :B_steerin