PDA

View Full Version : reset code required

craig
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:11
just a quick one anyone, i took out my air filter today to clean it and unplugged the elctrical cable from the bcs, and then forgot to reconnect it and when i started it it cut out and the engine light came on .i remembered what i had done reconnected it the engine started ok but the light stayed on so i simply need the sequence to turn it off , (if you were wondering its the light with a triangle in it and an upside down y inside that)thanks
.craig.

t5tart
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:38
if u have the fly lead type its in the haynes manual
i have typed the sequence out somewhere

cant remember the thread now

t5tart
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:38
found it

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7554&highlight=fly+lead

craig
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:36
:) thanks mate il sort it out at first light ,i,o,u,1.

Jod T5
Monday 6th March 2006, 08:05
you could always try the disconnect the battery method, i did a similar thing with the maf sensor. i disconnected the battery earth for four hours and it resets itself....it may leave a code in the system? but thats for another day....

pzorb
Monday 6th March 2006, 12:38
Just to add that removing the battery *doesn't* fix the problem on certain models; my 1996 won't have any of it. Reset the codes, live with the light, or hope it sorts itself out.

Jod T5
Monday 6th March 2006, 13:51
[QUOTE=pzorb] my 1996 won't have any of it.QUOTE]

:haha:

craig
Monday 6th March 2006, 19:00
thanks guys, i read the faults and it was 121 ,as expected.but by following the instructions to the letter to reset it when i press the button for about 5 seconds nothing happens at all ,no light of any sort .? does mine need a different sequence for reseting as its a 94 m reg .maybe ADAM will know as he reset it last time i was there ,thanks in advance CRAIG...

t5tart
Monday 6th March 2006, 19:40
I have a 94 m reg too and that sequence works for me
hold the button in longer about 10 seconds..they can be tempramental