PDA

View Full Version : S60R Exhaust Manifold

macV70R
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:22
Anybody know where the cheapest place is to get an s6or exhaust manifold?

I have been quoted £360.00 from my local dealer but just wondered if anybody new anywhere cheaper or maybe secondhand?

(Spesh I want them extra horses!!!! :bud: )

Mac.

SaffronC70
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:10
SW Autos does them. Give them a call.

Chris

After_Shock
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:18
Get AAS to take your current one off and bore it out and polish it a bit inside, probably get the same result for less.

elliot
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:42
Get AAS to take your current one off and bore it out and polish it a bit inside, probably get the same result for less.

I dont think AAS will take the turbo and manifold off for you, if you gave your manifold to them i am sure they would machine the ports out for you.The flow still wont be as good as the manifold off the B5254TX .I have them both and there is a fair difference.It is possible to take alot out of the std manifold to clean the flow up,and worth it to.

After_Shock
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:49
If you asked nicely im sure they would take it off and do the work to it!

elliot
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:53
Yes i guess so everything has a price,one of the only couple of places i would trust to work on my car to cracking company!!!I am booked in for the 18th to have some work then if all goes to plan driving to Avon.Is anyone from up that area going to Avon?

After_Shock
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:59
I was around there the other day, sure they said you were booked back in to get some more stuff done, cant remember what it was exactly though!

elliot
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:01
They are adapting the DP they made me,and a few other bits and bobs.Should be a nice drive up :jaw:

After_Shock
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:08
That was it! Would have popped up but at work on the sats and can never get them off.

macV70R
Monday 6th March 2006, 06:57
Eliot what date is it your going up to AAS?

Its only 10 mins from me.

Mac

macV70R
Monday 6th March 2006, 07:00
I dont think AAS will take the turbo and manifold off for you, if you gave your manifold to them i am sure they would machine the ports out for you.The flow still wont be as good as the manifold off the B5254TX .I have them both and there is a fair difference.It is possible to take alot out of the std manifold to clean the flow up,and worth it to.

Well last year I went to get my stainless downpipe made, & because they had to take parts of the car to get to it they didnt want to do it!

Mac

elliot
Monday 6th March 2006, 10:28
Eliot what date is it your going up to AAS?

Its only 10 mins from me.

Mac

On the 18th march.
Like you said they are'nt that keen to fit turbos, but will do it but it depends on whats involved etc.They used too when i first went to them, but i think they are busy making exhaust and manifolds and want to move away from the turbo fitting etc.Just a guess.

volvotuning
Monday 6th March 2006, 10:36
On the 18th march.
Like you said they are'nt that keen to fit turbos, but will do it but it depends on whats involved etc.They used too when i first went to them, but i think they are busy making exhaust and manifolds and want to move away from the turbo fitting etc.Just a guess.

Elliot I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped because of potential problems such as studs snapping etc. It potentially takes all the profit out of the manifold job itself.

Adam.

After_Shock
Monday 6th March 2006, 18:09
Yeah they are just too busy with making exhausts and as there is only a couple of them dont have the time for bigger jobs. They fitted a 3l V6 to a mk2 MR2 and it took months not weeks longer than thought as the research the guy had done was incorrect and it had never been done before in this country.