PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problem with 940 SE Turbo

Titch's Dad
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:48
Friend has just bought a "J" reg 940 SE Turbo. The car runs great but won't take more than about 1.5 gallons of petrol! Just won't take any more than that? Has anyone got any ideas? Could it have a switchable reserve and it is only filling this?

Charlie

Vikingxl
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:50
Could be one of those smuggling cars with a tiny fuel tank and a huge hidden space.Probably not but you never know!

Titch's Dad
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:52
Could be one of those smuggling cars with a tiny fuel tank and a huge hidden space.Probably not but you never know!

LOL: never thought of that! Only problem is that you couldn't smuggle stuff very far on a gallon and half!

marshall_volvo
Sunday 5th March 2006, 19:38
what does his fuel gauge read? has he had a peep under it to see if it has twin tanks.Does it have lpg and the original fuel tank been replaced with a smaller version and a lpg tank in its place
Regards
Wayne

Titch's Dad
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:18
what does his fuel gauge read? has he had a peep under it to see if it has twin tanks.Does it have lpg and the original fuel tank been replaced with a smaller version and a lpg tank in its place
Regards
Wayne
The car has not had an LPG converstion and does not appear to have twin tanks. I will have to ask him if the fuel guage moves at all

marshall_volvo
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:21
just another thought i am going to swear now i had a metro turbo and the previous owner had moved the filler cap and the pipe became slightly crushed to the tank and i could only put a £5 in at a time cus the pump kept tripping out??? might be another thing to check to see if the filler pipe is ok

Titch's Dad
Sunday 5th March 2006, 22:09
just another thought i am going to swear now i had a metro turbo and the previous owner had moved the filler cap and the pipe became slightly crushed to the tank and i could only put a £5 in at a time cus the pump kept tripping out??? might be another thing to check to see if the filler pipe is ok
Cheers. We'll have a look at this just in case. It must be something really simple because the car runs great.

t5tart
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:26
must be a blockage in the filler ............. or one hell of alot of crud in the tank lol

GuyD5
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:28
or one hell of alot of crud in the tank lol

LoL :)