PDA

View Full Version : The ESSEX Meet...!

dicky b t5
Sunday 5th March 2006, 19:08
Well what a great afternoon we had at The Talbot in North Weald....

Nice to see a good turnout of People and a Cracking line up of Cars.

(I'm sure MartinK will post up some Photos soon....lol.)

Allways nice to meet faces new and old (ho and Cars !), many thanks for Rich (Arbee) for doing the legwork in arranging it.

Good food was had in the Pub and the Coffee and Tea were'nt bad either...
(weather was Collllddd..lol).

Nice of Don from Kalmar Union to turn up in his old Track Car....That thing is one Beast...
And nice to see Justins ex V70R....3 Saffys in the line up....Nice...!!

All in all a Great Meet....Dicky B.

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 19:14
Nice to meet everybody to-day, here’s a quick pic. of the 4 Horsemen going through Epping to-day causing a bit of a mess, can you believe those Sunday drivers lol.

Loads of bull££££ and insider stories swapped with new and old mates while the sun shone and the wind blew a bit “Pearl Harbour” Managed to pick up a nice Ferrita back cat as well.
Where’s those pics. of the 3 hairdressers Famine?
Good pick for venue Rich.

siamblue
Sunday 5th March 2006, 19:20
Great to see you guys again, weather a bit cold,
Couldn't believe 3 GG chariots together, will make a nice pic that one,
It was brilliant that the ladies came along too, many thanks to Jitt, Radha and Tracey to keep us lads in tow hehe,
Look forward to the next group meeting at Avon Park, then some of the Mids lot can join in the Essex hospitality :)

Gary.

arbee
Sunday 5th March 2006, 19:40
A great afternoon, really good to put some faces to names and a great bunch of people you are, made a newbie feel welcome :) Nice turnout, and a nice selelection of T5s :) Looking forward to seeing some pics, took my camera but forgot to take any!

Looking forward to the next... Maybe the talbot could become a regular fixture... ;)

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 19:46
A great afternoon, really good to put some faces to names and a great bunch of people you are, made a newbie feel welcome :) Nice turnout, and a nice selelection of T5s :) Looking forward to seeing some pics, took my camera but forgot to take any!

Looking forward to the next... Maybe the talbot could become a regular fixture... ;)
Make you right Rich, nice clean Gull mate.

Andrew
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:19
Helllllooooo Ladies....

Shame they took so bloody long eating desert :P

A cracking meet - best turn out we've had in the East as yet I believe. Here's looking forward to more meets, warmer weather and company as good as today.

Welcome to the newcomers in the group. See where a friendly lot :)

Thanks to Don for coming along and saying hello too - nice to see other club members coming to say hello. Have to agree love his S70 track car - I want a toy like that too :(

I'm doing everything I can to make Avon - hope to see many people from here join us. Do we have a thread about that Engineer ? Is someone sorting a list out ? point me in the right direction someone.

Ac.

Vikingxl
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:23
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6968
Be nice to finally meet you lot!

r07s
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:39

Yeah nice to meet you guys; and Im looking forward to the warmer weather - brrrrrr!

Avon Park sounds like the next meet for me (19th!) - thanks for the heads-up on that one Gary!

Andrew
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:40
Yeah nice to meet you guys; and Im looking forward to the warmer weather - brrrrrr!

Avon Park sounds like the next meet for me (19th!) - thanks for the heads-up on that one Gary!

Nice to see Justins old car found a great home. Nice to meet you.

Ac.

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:48

Avon Park sounds like the next meet for me (19th!) - thanks for the heads-up on that one Gary!Your welcome mate will keep you posted on the roll bar developments. £100 + on alloy dash inserts your a real perfectionist lol.

r07s
Sunday 5th March 2006, 20:57
Your welcome mate will keep you posted on the roll bar developments. £100 + on alloy dash inserts your a real perfectionist lol.

Yeah i got a bit carried away mate (£155:jaw:); still, i needed somthing to do as J has done all the good stuff...lol (AND the car is worth it...)

Next focus has got to be reducing this under steer - powerflex kit next month and then this rollbar????

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:01
Yeah i got a bit carried away mate (£155:jaw:); still, i needed somthing to do as J has done all the good stuff...lol (AND the car is worth it...)

Next focus has got to be reducing this under steer - powerflex kit next month and then this rollbar????
Check out those lower arms as they don't take early poly bushes you will have to change the complete arm on both sides if they are shot.

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:03
Thanks for the support Rich will be nice to meet you at Avon to.

r07s
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:07
Check out those lower arms as they don't take early poly bushes you will have to change the complete arm on both sides if they are shot.

This is new territory for me; what am i looking for? excess play? - sorry it's off topic kids! :B_blite:

Straker
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:09
Just want to echo all that has been said above. Good meet with good company and am looking forward to the next one when the weather has warmed up a bit LOL

Cheers guys. :B_steerin

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:16
This is new territory for me; what am i looking for? excess play? - sorry it's off topic kids! :B_blite:Yes, on inner bushes and on outer balljoints. Ask Justin he knows the car and must have a feel for it if he thought any problems might exist. Or it might be your comparing a newer car to an older version, I should have driven yours and you mine to compare notes. Very hard to diagnose faults by chit chat, could always just be a normal reaction to, to much power through a FWD system.

r07s
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:44
Yes, on inner bushes and on outer balljoints. Ask Justin he knows the car and must have a feel for it if he thought any problems might exist. Or it might be your comparing a newer car to an older version, I should have driven yours and you mine to compare notes. Very hard to diagnose faults by chit chat, could always just be a normal reaction to, to much power through a FWD system.

Yeah i suspect the power and my previous T5 experiences might influence this - but it'd be good to have a quick jaw with J and check it all the same...

If all is well down there then i'd really appreciate yr thoughts on alternative approach - why didnt we drive each others car :slap:

T5 Ben
Sunday 5th March 2006, 21:57
Evening all.Nice to meet everyone today and put some faces to names.Hopefully next time we meet i will have a proper car!!

See you soon Ben. :B_steerin

Big-H
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:12
cheers guys. a great meet . i loved dons show and tell moments. lol

he's certainly a clever chap. lovely bloke. seemed to have time for everybody.
soory to hear youre on a diet now gary..so much dairy products are goona add those xtra pounds!!!!!!

nice to meet you all.

i hope YOU took the dawg for a walk andrew and not rohda, seeing you was in such as rush to get home :)

cheers again people

p.s

martin try not to drive with the hand brake on mate it slows u down :haha:

h

Andrew
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:15
LOL - the dog got walked don't worry.

Radha normally stays at home for most of these events so I'm not normally in such a rush :)

See you all again soon.

H - we'll be along at some point :D

Big-H
Sunday 5th March 2006, 23:19
no probs