PDA

View Full Version : ok have had an idea

t5tart
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:17
ight seeing as my engine seems a little on the worn side I have had an idea :slap:

I am going to try and find another worn engine ( not too worn though)
and rebuild it hehehehehe

I have neber done this before but what is the worst thing that can happen right ??

now i might be mad
but i don't feel overly daunted buy the idea

however would anyon e be able to exchange on the job help and advice in exchange for beer ????

then i will use the original block and rebuild that too

any one know wher i can get a cheap engine from .... not gonna go for over kill on the internals on this one but just want something that has seen better days re ring it etc mabe do the valves and have it ported / polished etc

mind you knowing me ill probably chuck half of it out and start again haha

Vikingxl
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:19
I know nothing but would be willing to come and give you a hand now and again as you arent far away.

t5tart
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:20
sounds good to me

its more a learning experience as far as i am concerned

if it blows up ill know i did something very wrong lol

Vikingxl
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:24
Lol good point keep me posted then and we will see if we can sort something out

John
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:35
Easy bit is taking it apart and forgetting how it goes back together :slap: , hard part is all the cleaning :B_steerin .

racer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 09:58
I've done a full strip down and rebuild on a T5 engine. They are really nice to work on. If you have somewhere warm and clean to do this you'll be fine. Just make sure that everything you are going to use again is the right shape. If you aren't sure or don't have the gear to measure something, get it checked "out of house".

Other top tip is keep the digital camera with you when you're taking it apart!

P.S. re-grinding the valves takes FOREVER when your used to 8 valve engines!!!

t5tart
Sunday 5th March 2006, 11:56
I've done a full strip down and rebuild on a T5 engine. They are really nice to work on. If you have somewhere warm and clean to do this you'll be fine. Just make sure that everything you are going to use again is the right shape. If you aren't sure or don't have the gear to measure something, get it checked "out of house".

Other top tip is keep the digital camera with you when you're taking it apart!

P.S. re-grinding the valves takes FOREVER when your used to 8 valve engines!!!

lol never reground valves
but i intend to have the head away for porting and polishing
so might get them to do all that stuff too