PDA

View Full Version : Now you see it, now you dont !

rickbee
Saturday 4th March 2006, 16:19
Just took my silver lady out for my weekly fix, round the Manchesterburgring(M60), wow, I never cease to be amazed how these cars fly. I think the scooby I had a brief dice with was a tad amazed too lol

I've had the engine management light on for about two weeks, no apparent reason, seems to be running as well as ever. Just returned and the light is off?? Anyone any ideas why this might have happened?

Making the pilgrimage to the mecca of Volvo tuning in Bromsgrove next week for a wee bit of work. Maybe they will be able to pinpoint any problems

fraz13
Saturday 4th March 2006, 16:22
The light could have been on for any number of reasons, only way to know is get the codes read.....

Vikingxl
Saturday 4th March 2006, 16:56
Bromsgrove seems to be the place to be hope you get it all sorted

rickbee
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:15
The light could have been on for any number of reasons, only way to know is get the codes read.....

cheers Fraz, had the codes read about a month ago when the car was serviced by my trusted independent. light was on then. Garage saId it was on O2 error code, but he could not find a fault? He reset light and cleaned contacts on O2 sensor, back on one week later. Hopefully the VT guys will find whatever it is. I just dont see why it should go off, but hey thats electronics I guess, or maybe its time to find a new garage

fraz13
Saturday 4th March 2006, 20:31
When a bought ma S70 the guy said it needed a o2 sensor, When a got the codes read a cant remember the exact code but it came back as o2/air leak...

Check your vac pipes, Number 1 to check is the rubber elbow on the left hand side of the inlet manifold just under the thermostat housing...