PDA

View Full Version : Brake Woes

ceefaz
Saturday 4th March 2006, 00:46
Oh dear its my fault, I should have read all the brake threads before having EBC Greenstuff pads fitted on my Volvo T5 :slap: . I have now had to replace my new front discs after about 8.5k miles as they have started cracking due to the pads. :slap: The pads were OK until they got warm, then after that all they did was generate a lot of noise and ruin my discs :slap: . So after a chat with Hamish at VT Tuning :) I have now fitted Ferodo DS Performance on the front and Premier on the rears alongwith the new discs. All I need to do now is run them in and put a couple of heat cycles into them.
Hopefully soon it will now stop as good as it goes!!!!!!! :biggrin:

t5tart
Saturday 4th March 2006, 01:34
how much are the ferodo fronts as mine need doing soon ??

Andrew
Saturday 4th March 2006, 09:38
Thats the combo I now have on mine too. Pleased with them and they are working well. Ceefaz you coming to the east anglia meet down in essex tomorrow ?

ceefaz
Monday 6th March 2006, 00:59
how much are the ferodo fronts as mine need doing soon ??

It was £125 for both front and rear. I think that it was £90 something just for the fronts. If you ring Hamish @ VT, he should be able to quote you a good price with the club discount. Also mine were delivered next day so a prompt service as well.

ceefaz
Monday 6th March 2006, 01:01
Thats the combo I now have on mine too. Pleased with them and they are working well. Ceefaz you coming to the east anglia meet down in essex tomorrow ?

I let you know how mine are when they have bedded-in. Sorry, I have only just read this about the meet but I wouldn't have been able to make it due to other commitments. Maybe next time.