PDA

View Full Version : boost

pjstav
Friday 3rd March 2006, 22:50
hi guys, need some advice. just got my 1st T5 she is a gorgeous c70 in saffron she is immaculate and has been well cared for but she has been a little bit modified. she has been lowered and has had her calipers and disks and pads upgraded which is great but what concerns me is she has had her boost turned up and i mean turned up alot and has been de-restricted i have had her off the clock (160mph) and she was still accelerating like at the same rate as she was at 60mph, now you may think that is great but i had a conversation in the pub with a mechanic who said turning the boost up too far puts alot of pressure on the fuel lines and can result in a fuel line rupture which will cause my baby (££££ i love that car) to burst into flames, has anyone else ever heard of this happening or was it just drunk talk?. i would appreciate any feedback from those in the know (yes you lot) regards paul

volvotuning
Friday 3rd March 2006, 22:53
hi guys, need some advice. just got my 1st T5 she is a gorgeous c70 in saffron she is immaculate and has been well cared for but she has been a little bit modified. she has been lowered and has had her calipers and disks and pads upgraded which is great but what concerns me is she has had her boost turned up and i mean turned up alot and has been de-restricted i have had her off the clock (160mph) and she was still accelerating like at the same rate as she was at 60mph, now you may think that is great but i had a conversation in the pub with a mechanic who said turning the boost up too far puts alot of pressure on the fuel lines and can result in a fuel line rupture which will cause my baby (££££ i love that car) to burst into flames, has anyone else ever heard of this happening or was it just drunk talk?. i would appreciate any feedback from those in the know (yes you lot) regards paul

No, that is complete rubbish. The fuel pressure doesn't change! The injector duty cycle changes to put more fuel in when required, but the fuel pressure will be the same as when standard.

Adam.

pjstav
Friday 3rd March 2006, 23:30
thanks for the advice. hmmmm so if thats not true ....... could i turn the wick up a bit more without consequences?

volvotuning
Friday 3rd March 2006, 23:33
The honest answer - I don't know! There is not enough data to go on.

Adam.

aeroresh
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:04
Paul, what year is the car? Any piccies?

Although probably a long shot, it does sound suspiciously like my old car which I sold three years back! :slap:

siamblue
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:21
Paul, what year is the car? Any piccies?

Although probably a long shot, it does sound suspiciously like my old car which I sold three years back! :slap:

Was that really 3 years ago, wow, that was one of the nicest cars i have seen, credit to the owner ;)

Gary

volvotuning
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:24
Time flies fast Gary! It's been almost a year and a half since I sold my 850R.

Adam.

siamblue
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:29
Time flies fast Gary! It's been almost a year and a half since I sold my 850R.

Adam.

That was a bloody nice car too, not many in that colour around,

Gary

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:34
Would you guys stop talking about time it's making me nervous lol.

volvotuning
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:35
Since you are death, you are always living at the end of the timeline anyway. So relax! You're not going anywhere!!! :)

Adam.

Engineer
Sunday 5th March 2006, 18:39
Since you are death, you are always living at the end of the timeline anyway. So relax! You're not going anywhere!!! :)

Adam.
Now don't p-ss me off or I just might turn up and claim you, round about the end of April lol.