PDA

View Full Version : What is GT spec

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:00
I went and looked at a Saffy/"Gay Gold" C70 today - which was cited as being a GT spec within the trader.

Am I correct in thinking that winter pack came as standard on the GTs?

I told the bloke that it defo wasnt - despite his protestations that the bloke he had bought it from some months back told him it was.

GT spec to my mind includes the 1/2 leather 1/2 suede trimmed seats and door cards. The seats are electric and have the 3 memory positions.

It did have the SC-901 headunit but didnt have a trip computer or winter pack.
Wheel choice - this one had the BBS split rims but I wasnt sure if that was an optional extra anyway?

I also thought the GTs had sunroofs?

Suffice to say that asking nearly 6K for 95000 miles on a V plate with dodgy wheel bearings, low spec and nearly new Nankangs :slap: - I was happy to say "NO THANKS!"

Gonna hold out for something slightly more decent!

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:02
Stick with the Astra for now!!!

Adam.

Justin
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:15
Yeah Bobbly, stick with the Astra, as official finance holder for you i refuse to release funds at this time.

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:19
Lol astra power is the way to go by the looks of it. If it makes you feel any better wobbly i am in the rover until further notice my banker has withdrawn petrol funds!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:29
You are all wrong. In any case this thread wasnt about me - it was about GT spec. So can we stick to the point please?

Justin
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:33
Oh your a moderator now lol

I dunno what GT spec is dave, but stick with the Astra and it dont matter :)

Engineer
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:50
I went and looked at a Saffy/"Gay Gold" C70 today - which was cited as being a GT spec within the trader.

Am I correct in thinking that winter pack came as standard on the GTs?

I told the bloke that it defo wasnt - despite his protestations that the bloke he had bought it from some months back told him it was.

GT spec to my mind includes the 1/2 leather 1/2 suede trimmed seats and door cards. The seats are electric and have the 3 memory positions.

It did have the SC-901 headunit but didnt have a trip computer or winter pack.
Wheel choice - this one had the BBS split rims but I wasnt sure if that was an optional extra anyway?

I also thought the GTs had sunroofs?

Suffice to say that asking nearly 6K for 95000 miles on a V plate with dodgy wheel bearings, low spec and nearly new Nankangs :slap: - I was happy to say "NO THANKS!"

Gonna hold out for something slightly more decent!
Make you right Dave. Buyers market still.

Liddo
Friday 3rd March 2006, 08:22
Dave, mines a GT spec and it has

Full electric leather (But i think it was an extra option. Extra padded)
Leather door cards
Computer
Cruise
Winter Pack
17" Canistos
SC900 Dolby System

Im made up it has the cruise on a manual :D

But, Volvos as ya know come in all guises. Just depends on the buyers budget
when ordering ;)

Liddo
Friday 3rd March 2006, 08:24
PS, I know there's a lovely looking silver auto near me, at a nice price

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=VOLVO&model=C70&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=L36+0SB&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

I could check it out at the weekend for ya :D

Andrew
Friday 3rd March 2006, 09:01
I have seen a GT specced without electric seats.

Andrew
Friday 3rd March 2006, 09:02
PS, I know there's a lovely looking silver auto near me, at a nice price

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=VOLVO&model=C70&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=L36+0SB&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

I could check it out at the weekend for ya :D

I think wobbly will be after a manual.

siamblue
Friday 3rd March 2006, 09:42
I think wobbly will be after a manual.

Would that be a flying manual lol,
So you back on the market WObbly? good on you, 18" Tritons were only a option on the C70, as i have been told. bloody dear option too.

good luck Gary.

the_boy
Friday 3rd March 2006, 09:51
You could always buy mine Dave :D

As suggested previously I think there's a lot of things you would expect to see on the GT as standard that are actually optional extras.

As far as I can tell mine's got the lot except the 901 stereo.

Heated, electric 3 position memory seats
Full Alcanterra leather
Dolby Surround Sound System
Trip Computer
Dual Climate Control?

In addition I don't think the sunroof comes on the GT, I've never seen one with it.

the_boy
Friday 3rd March 2006, 09:53
After seeing the pictures of Mark's C70 (Salvo) I think the Nebulas look great.

I'd love some for my car!

siamblue
Friday 3rd March 2006, 10:14
After seeing the pictures of Mark's C70 (Salvo) I think the Nebulas look great.

I'd love some for my car!

The Nebs weren't a option on the C70 as they are 8J, the Triton's are 18" 7.5J and were a option,
But i agree they do look good on the car,as they are a bright silver finish,

Gary.

01c70t5
Friday 3rd March 2006, 10:26
You could always buy mine Dave :D

As suggested previously I think there's a lot of things you would expect to see on the GT as standard that are actually optional extras.

As far as I can tell mine's got the lot except the 901 stereo.

Full Alcanterra leather
Dolby Surround Sound System
Trip Computer
Dual Climate Control?

In addition I don't think the sunroof comes on the GT, I've never seen one with it.
You have... mine has a sunroof, and is GT spec.

01c70t5
Friday 3rd March 2006, 10:28
I have seen a GT specced without electric seats.
Likewise... as has Wobbly!

Jaseb77
Friday 3rd March 2006, 10:38
Mine has

Half Alcanterra / half soft leather
3 disc Dolby Surround Sound System
6 boot changer too
cruise
tracs
Trip Computer
Dual Climate Control
sunroof
18" BBS Tritons ? (these are definately a cost option)
winter pack
Auto

I think the guy who had it before me had all the boxes ticked available

Wanna buy it ? Dave

the_boy
Friday 3rd March 2006, 11:09
The Nebs weren't a option on the C70 as they are 8J, the Triton's are 18" 7.5J and were a option,
But i agree they do look good on the car,as they are a bright silver finish,

Gary.

Never said the Nebs were an option. I just said they looked nice on the C70 and I'd like some one mine ;)

the_boy
Friday 3rd March 2006, 11:13
You have... mine has a sunroof, and is GT spec.

Ah but I didn't know yours was a GT, don't think I've heard you mention it nor is it on your signature.

Must have missed the sunroof but then again I didn't have any shoes on so never left the front door. I'm not the most observant chap you know :slap:

siamblue
Friday 3rd March 2006, 12:51
Never said the Nebs were an option. I just said they looked nice on the C70 and I'd like some one mine ;)

Sorry mate wasn't assuiming, just pointing out to people that don't know, and those will rub for sure. as they did on my 70.

the_boy
Friday 3rd March 2006, 13:23
Tell me about it. I've got standard 17" Canistos and they rub all the time on full lock.

Liddo
Friday 3rd March 2006, 14:21
Tell me about it. I've got standard 17" Canistos and they rub all the time on full lock.

You might have the wrong size tyres on mate. I've got 215/45/17's on mine, and they dont rub at all. I think 225's will. Have a check ;)

After_Shock
Friday 3rd March 2006, 17:05
Gt's came as standard with leather or the no cost option of the suede, they had sunroofs as standard and the winter packs and obviously the dolby surround sound.

Electric seats are an option on all, the BBS 17's were also an option on all including the GT's.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 4th March 2006, 18:45
My next car will be a manual. What ever model it will need to have Winter Pack, A decent stereo, trip and nice alloys. I like the BBS split rims. I have nothing against auto's - it is purely for tuning purposes - as you can push the manual transmission harder. Kinda like the sunroof option too. It may be a while before I spot the one I want.

Thanks for the info though.

After_Shock
Sunday 5th March 2006, 10:40
Dave if you can avoid the sunroofs, which I know isnt easy as they come as standard on the GT spec cars but cars do exist that are non GT with the other toys.

Reasons for avoiding the sunroofs are it rattles like hell, the way it drains water in heavy rain sounds like you have a toilet on the roof as it lets water into drains running through the roof, plus they add weight in the wrong place.

Liddo
Monday 6th March 2006, 08:12
Dave if you can avoid the sunroofs, which I know isnt easy as they come as standard on the GT spec cars but cars do exist that are non GT with the other toys.

Reasons for avoiding the sunroofs are it rattles like hell, the way it drains water in heavy rain sounds like you have a toilet on the roof as it lets water into drains running through the roof, plus they add weight in the wrong place.

My GT hasnt got one :D Why o why do we need sunroof's in this country, we never get any sun ;)

volvotuning
Monday 6th March 2006, 09:30
My GT hasnt got one :D Why o why do we need sunroof's in this country, we never get any sun ;)

If we haven't got any sun, why do we need AC? LOL :)

Adam.

Liddo
Monday 6th March 2006, 09:42
If we haven't got any sun, why do we need AC? LOL :)

Adam.

To clear the windows quickly :D

Ian C70T5
Monday 6th March 2006, 15:19
Mine doesnt have a sunroof and mines a GT

After_Shock
Monday 6th March 2006, 18:07
O.k then must have added them at a certain point in time, looked at a few of the later brochures and all the GT's came as standard with the roof unfortunately.