PDA

View Full Version : Braided brake hoses?

bowman
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 17:42
Does anyone know where to get braided front brake hoses for my 95 T5R? Any idea how much?

cheers
john

BlackBeast
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 17:46
Hi John, I know for a fact VT do them, youd better contact them about the price.

siamblue
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 17:47
Hi They ar not that expensive probably around the £50 £60 mark for all 4,
Might be best if you only want the fronts is to get them made up, will work out cheaper, they are pigs to fit as well, as the unions and pipes corrode together, and some people have had to reflare their pipes.

Gary

Straker
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 17:49
Just got a set of braided hoses front and reas for my 94 T5 direct from BF Goodrich.

£48 if I remember correctly.

rickbee
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 18:14
Does anyone know where to get braided front brake hoses for my 95 T5R? Any idea how much?

cheers
john

just recieved a set by Goodridge for my V70 R today. Ordered at http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/

£61.82 all in without leaving the house. I couldnt find anyone selling pairs. The reasoning being if you are going to have braided hoses, you should fit them all round. Seems to make sense to me.

racer
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 18:23
Yup, got my set from PFV too. Didn't have any trouble getting the unions off (S reg V70), they were tight, but a blast of Plusgas and the right brake spanners sorted them out. Did have to resort to the flaring tool on the last car though.

bowman
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 18:48
Thanks chaps! I'll get some ordered.

Almosy ready to find out soon if a LPT motor can handle 15psi!

rickbee
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 18:53
Yup, got my set from PFV too. Didn't have any trouble getting the unions off (S reg V70), they were tight, but a blast of Plusgas and the right brake spanners sorted them out. Did have to resort to the flaring tool on the last car though.

Hiya Racer

Re the unions, will wd40 do the same job as plus gas ?

BigJC
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 19:10
I soaked mine in WD40 and Andy (mraldonnelly) even had the gas torch on them but only one side came off hence why mine are rattling around the boot! I'm hoping to get it in a garage for a new brake line soon! The hoses came in a lovely finish from VT!

rickbee
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 19:19
I soaked mine in WD40 and Andy (mraldonnelly) even had the gas torch on them but only one side came off hence why mine are rattling around the boot! I'm hoping to get it in a garage for a new brake line soon! The hoses came in a lovely finish from VT!

hmmmmm, does this suggest that Plus Gas is more suited to the task?

Any opinions?

bowman
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 19:21
cars done 240k so expecting them to be a bit of chew! (as with all jobs on the 850!) ordered them from www.partsforvolvosonline.com, £60 +delivery for set of 4, didnt know about that site, prices are very good, main stealer wanted £46 for a drop link! £19 on there!

thanks people!

nobananas
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 20:26
If I were you I would order the plastic bracket on top of one of the rear delta arms that the offside rear flexi fits into. They almost always break when trying to remove the old pipe and then leave you either stranded or being creative with cable ties !

racer
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 21:55
I have a considerable number of cable ties on my car, what's wrong with them? ;)

Bowman, I think Plusgas is a better product for shifting things that have not shifted for some time. That's just my experience though, no science here at all!! Make sure you have the right brake spanners though. You do need to put some torque in to get them to shift, last thing you want is rounded unions.

Good luck !