PDA

View Full Version : Look!! C30 - New Cool Stuff Wot I Found

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:08
Loads of info - video and wallpapers etc etc on the Volvo UK Site

http://www.volvocars.co.uk/_campaigns/C30/C30DesignConcept/default.htm

Explore/drool. This thing is gonna be HOT!!

arbee
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:16
I should see this next Tues, going to the Geneva show, will bring back pics :)

Vikingxl
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:17
Very good

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:19
The video is very good and well worth a watch. The price will be nice too - so many of the more recent stuff has been expensive e.g V70R - and when you consider that they are putting 260BHP into/out of the 2.4L engine it makes for an exciting prospect??

Engineer
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:26
The video is very good and well worth a watch. The price will be nice too - so many of the more recent stuff has been expensive e.g V70R - and when you consider that they are putting 260BHP into/out of the 2.4L engine it makes for an exciting prospect??Sounds good Dave, arbee you lucky dog, will still wait until its 2-3 years old though guys, depreciation etc. unless you just got to have a new one lol.

arbee
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:29
the video is pretty cool tho i find it bizarre that they do not acknowlege the 480 when talking about the design hues. The swedish women are very 'volvo' ! Volvo's PR people have worked hard on that to get the traditional/new balence - bit cheesy but it works!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:29
Think new ones will be priced around £16K

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 21:31
the video is pretty cool tho i find it bizarre that they do not acknowlege the 480 when talking about the design hues. The swedish women are very 'volvo' ! Volvo's PR people have worked hard on that to get the traditional/new balence - bit cheesy but it works!
Have you had a look around the "More C30 .." stuff yet?

Mrsmopp
That is one seriously sexy car!! I love it already!! I HAVE to have one!

x

arbee
[off topic]

arbee you lucky dog,
Birthday pressie from my wife no less! flights/hotel and tickets :) Really looking forward to it, seriously shows up the british show for the princely sum of £6 per ticket! Geneva's a lovely place too!
[/off topic] :)

S60D5
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 23:30
Think new ones will be priced around £16K

With a 1.6 no doubt, wonder how much the 260bhp version will be, or if they will do a D5 one!!!!!

After_Shock
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 23:45
No confirmation on prices yet, realistically a 1.6 really should start at 13k now that would sell well but development costs especially on the safety side will probably push this to the 16k mark, it will be well equipped though and have a nice interior. Should also debut some new safety ideas from what heard.

T5 based on a rough guide of an S60 with the same engine should come in at 22k however I cant see people getting any change from 25k and I really really hope they put the proper 260bhp engine in otherwise we will be seeing a death of the T5 in coming years unless they start using it in other cars, plus this will avoid direct comparisons with the Focus which doesnt help the image or sales.

If they launch a 260bhp FWD T5 car for 20k ish imagine how many would sell! Then they could do an AWD R version with 300bhp plus but thats pushing the rules of safety and only dreaming so doubt it will happen!

siamblue
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 01:11
[off topic]

Birthday pressie from my wife no less! flights/hotel and tickets :) Really looking forward to it, seriously shows up the british show for the princely sum of £6 per ticket! Geneva's a lovely place too!
[/off topic] :)

Have a good trip mate you lucky sod lol,

Gary.

racer
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 09:01
I was really getting into that till they came out with the "car for a younger customer" statement. :(

Oh well, guess Moppy will have a pair, Rollergirl will have a pink one, Wobbly's will have downforce, Rich's will do 200mph and I'll have to get a grey one!

Seriously, I reckon it's the best looking thing they've done since the 1800ES. My father had one of those (before I could drive :( ) and I still think it's the best car he ever owned. I think people are going to look at C30s the same way they used to look at 1800ESs. Here's hoping for an R version!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 10:00
Oh well, guess Moppy will have a pair, Rollergirl will have a pink one, Wobbly's will have downforce, Rich's will do 200mph and I'll have to get a grey one!

I'd sell ALL my T5's for one of those!!!

x

racer
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 10:06
ONE of those?

;)

Mrsmopp
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 11:01
ONE of those?

;)

Yup!! Do you think they will trade 4 T5's for a C30? lol

x

racer
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 11:17
Maybe not, but it's one hell of a deposit!!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 23:35
Seriously I am thinking of hanging on until September when they are due to be released.