PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs some advice

banjostu
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 00:42
hello everyone this is my first post top site by the way and keep up the good work my query is i have recently bought a c70 t5 gt the garage still have it at the mo doing the mot and service before i take ownership (the wait is killing me) i am aware however that the front driver seat does not lift forward is this a common fault? and what is the likely cause ? any help much appreciated is it an expensive repair? thankyou in anticipation

siamblue
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 01:46
Hi Mate first off welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay,
secondly it has been said before that the seats do and can get stuck forwards,

Gary.

PS Someone with more knowledge can tell you about the cost and details of the repair,

fireclown
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 02:23
hi. and welcome. have a word with the garage to sort it. you never know. cheers.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 08:21
Hello and welcome im sure someone can help with the seats!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 10:24
I have spare seats/complete for a C70 if you need them - though they are not heated.

I think the garage should be held to repairing it before you get delivery.

Enjoy the site and :welcome:

After_Shock
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 19:13
When you say the seat will not lift forward do you mean it wont go down flat so that you can get access into the back?

If so theres a knack to getting it to drop where you have to lift the handle on the side hard and push the seat itself to get it to drop.

c70mel
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 19:52
There is a knack indeed to doing it right. If you lift the side handle up half way the back of the seat will tilt forwards (as much as it can). If you lift the side handle all the way up the back rest will tilt forwards(not as much) and you can also move the whole seat forwards.

Or may be the other way round but give that a try.

banjostu
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 20:19
i mean when i lift the side handle there is no resistance and nothing happens it feels like a cable has either come off or snapped, that is if there is a cable in there?

After_Shock
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 20:24
If theres nothing at all when you lift the handle wouldnt like to guess whats wrong but either way wont be cheap to sort wouldnt have thought!

Can still get access by moving the seat right forward and pulling the red strap at the bottom left of the seat but thats a mess on, dont suppose you tried that red strap in the back did you to see if that works?

banjostu
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:00
actually i havent tried the red strap yet and thats a big yet as long as that works i will prob leave it , the passenger side works fine and on the rare occasion i do have rear passengers its a perfect excuse for me not to get in and out the bloddy car every 2 minutes when they see a shop or a loo lol cheers for all the help guys