PDA

View Full Version : Help With Removing Rear Cargo Nets T-5 Estate

bertuk69
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:23
undefinedundefined
hi all can any one throw some light on removing the cargo net from the rear of the seats on my t-5 estate, ive sat here for half hour scratching my head on how they come out, what goes in must come out :doh: i want to completly remove them from the seats can some one with the know how help me out here pleeeeeeeeeeazeeeeeeeeee :jaw:

Vikingxl
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:26
Pass i looked at mine quickly when i bought it and they looked too complicated so i put them away and left them.Its not like they get in the way or anything.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:29
If it helps i will have another look tomorrow in the light if no one else has come to the rescue

bertuk69
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:42
cheers viking t5 but i can,t just close em and forget, ive replaced the half blue leather seating with full cream leather hence trying to retrieve the cargo nets before i trash the seats in the skip hence thats the reason i can,t ignore them :uglyhamme hope you understand cheers for replying every bit of info is valueble

Jod T5
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 06:25
bert slightly unrelated i know but there is no image on your photobucket...if you down load using the browse setting and copy the IMG code you can paste it to your avatar so people can link straight to it.....

Martinr
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 09:57
I fitted a set to mine.

Dead easy when you know how.

They work like a roller blind. To access them you will need to remove the plastic end caps on the outboards of the rear seat backs and the screwed in metal plates on the inboard edges.

To remove the plastic end caps you will need to drill out the existing fixings. These are drive in and you will need to replace them when you refit. Order extra as they break easily and get them before you start as you can't reassemble the seat without them. Once the plates are off the way the cassette holding the net removes will be clearly apparent.

Watch the plastic parts where the seat belts pass through, these are very brittle and break easily.

Make sure that you extend the seat belts and tie them off in the extended position before you start. If you dont do this removing the plastic cowling will allow the belt to reel in too far when you tilt it forward. If this happens you will not be able to get the seat vertical again as it only releases when the seat back is upright.

I struggled for a long time with this!!!!

bertuk69
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 10:01
cheers martinr i,ll give it a try later on see if i can tackle it