PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Car !

Andy
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:01
Well after a long time without a car (3 days lol) I've got my next car lined up.

Its a 1999(V) ME7 V70 T5 SE in Silver. Only thing is it doesn't have leather and has velour :( (no its not ex police)

76k on the clock with FSH and its just had its cambelt done.

Needs a good run and an oil change but apart from that it goes like the clappers.

Here is a couple of pictures of her to keep your buds wet until I take some proper ones.

siamblue
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:34
Nice one Andy welcome back to the T5 gang ;)

Gary.

Andy
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:36
Its actually a blue badge gary.

Before going to see it I thought it was black meaning pre ME7 but its not its blue.

Quite a good find I thought

siamblue
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:41
Its actually a blue badge gary.

Before going to see it I thought it was black meaning pre ME7 but its not its blue.

Quite a good find I thought

Hehe i had to have a second look and edit the post :) you'd make a good detective lol,

Gary.

mikej
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:43
Andy if you don't mind me asking why did you get shot of the D5 what were its worst points obviously slower than the t5 but the mpg would make up for that or maybe not ? I too am missing the grunt mind ! :slap:

Andy
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:43
Just good timing mate thats all, I did notice you edited the post so I thought you had downloaded the picture and zoomed in 1,000,000 % to see the blue colour on the badge LMAO

Andy
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:46
Andy if you don't mind me asking why did you get shot of the D5 what were its worst points obviously slower than the t5 but the mpg would make up for that or maybe not ? I too am missing the grunt mind ! :slap:

Mike,

Lack of Grunt, 8k's worth of car sat on my drive doing nothing as I barely use it.... did I mention lack of grunt and that it runs out of puff.

I got the D5 as I used to do loads of miles down south but then family moved up north so went back to short trips.

I've only paid half of what the D5 cost for this T5 so i'm saving in the long run as the miles isn't a problem now.

Andy
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:46
The D5 was lovely though!

Handling and comfort was excellent!

mikej
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 22:58
Know exactly what you mean mate driving a poxy 2.3 galaxy with o grunt and it looks like i too will be looking for t5 number 6 , lol it seems i cannot live without them well unless i can think of something else with similar or better performance. :B_steerin

Andy
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 23:06
At the moment my budget suits a T5 :D

Richie-T5
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 23:22
aye rich mans budget lmao !!!!!! andy the car looks a minter, yet another damn good spot !!!! :jaw:

mikej
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 23:40
What was the average mpg from your D5 and was it rica,d ? i thought for a good while about getting one and then having it rica'd but the power would still be no were near that of my previous t5 so i thought what a waste of money as the d5 ain't cheap i ended up with a bloody ford that does about the same mpg as my t5 .

S60D5
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 00:46
What was the average mpg from your D5 and was it rica,d ? i thought for a good while about getting one and then having it rica'd but the power would still be no were near that of my previous t5 so i thought what a waste of money as the d5 ain't cheap i ended up with a bloody ford that does about the same mpg as my t5 .

My non modified (yet) D5 returns 48-50mpg average, and anything up to 67mpg (calculated) on a run. Last week I got 981 miles out of 70 litres - the same tank size as a T5 :)

mikej
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 00:52
:jaw: 981 miles/tank , chuffin hell over 3 times what i can get out of mine with same 70ltr tank thats a serious difference.I womder if the rica would make any difference if driven the same???

S60D5
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 00:54
:jaw: 981 miles/tank , chuffin hell over 3 times what i can get out of mine with same 70ltr tank thats a serious difference.I womder if the rica would make any difference if driven the same???

This was all motorway driving in France though, taking it steady.

Usually I get 650-700 miles out of a single tank, and that is mainly short <10 mile journies :)

GuyD5
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 00:59
I womder if the rica would make any difference if driven the same???

TDS is probably the man to give an unbiased opinion on this question :)

Andy
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 06:12

Mike,

Just for info I did have a plug in tuning box which was pushing out 198bhp from the D5. The power was better, more pokey etc but its no where near as good as a T5.

The way I see it and like it is you can rev the T5 more making it feel more like a drivers car.

Rich... 4k is hardly a rich mans budget lol wait till I get my porsche muhuhaha!! lol

Murphy
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 09:59
Nice car Andy - any mods proposed ?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 12:49
TDS is probably the man to give an unbiased opinion on this question :)Well mine is petrol anyway, but my unbiased view is to stick yer diesels up yer A**! They do nothing for me.

siamblue
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 13:13
Well mine is petrol anyway, but my unbiased view is to stick yer diesels up yer A**! They do nothing for me.

:jaw: nicely put :remybussi fellow benzine driver.

Andy
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 18:26
Nice car Andy - any mods proposed ?

A few...

1. Egg Crate Grill
2. R Bumper
3. 18" Pegs

p.s. can you tell i'd like an R ?
lol

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 18:43
A few...

1. Egg Crate Grill
2. R Bumper
3. 18" Pegs

p.s. can you tell i'd like an R ?
lol

You might wanna talk to me nicely about an R bumper ;)

x

Andy
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 19:06
You might wanna talk to me nicely about an R bumper ;)

x

Pm sent!

Andy
Friday 3rd March 2006, 20:05
Not long now!!! Wohoo!!!!!!!

Andy
Saturday 4th March 2006, 16:52
Well I've finally got her and its really really nice!

I love the car to bits and it FLIES!

Here is some pictures.

Gaz for your benefit is that picture of the badge big enough? lol

macV70R
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:06
Nice motor Andy, I will keep my eyes open for you!

Do you ever pass pattinson ford in shiremoor?
I work just behind there at unit 13 Algernon Ind Est, pop in sometime when you get 5!

Mac.

Andy
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:13
Nice motor Andy, I will keep my eyes open for you!

Do you ever pass pattinson ford in shiremoor?
I work just behind there at unit 13 Algernon Ind Est, pop in sometime when you get 5!

Mac.

Thanks Mac,

I sometimes pass Shiremoor so will pop in to say 'how'!

Watch out for the champagne supernova lol (its not exactly silver this car as stated on advert but it looks nice enough)

S60D5
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:50
Nice Andy!

Now did someone mention tinting the windows............. ;) That would look awesome.

Andy
Saturday 4th March 2006, 17:57
Nice Andy!

Now did someone mention tinting the windows............. ;) That would look awesome.

I'm debating doing this mate. Richie-T5 knows a lad who deals in fitting tints but I don't want to spoil the look of the car with it being too dark.

What % do you think would look good?

The windows are tinted as standard, alot more than any other car i've had in the past.

fraz13
Saturday 4th March 2006, 18:04
35% is plenty IMO

Thats a tidy lookin car mate, good luck with it ;)

Andy
Saturday 4th March 2006, 18:13
35% is plenty IMO

Thanks mate :D

Richie-T5
Saturday 4th March 2006, 18:32
so thats 30 % for us law abiders ;) lmao

S60D5
Saturday 4th March 2006, 18:47
35% is plenty IMO

^^^

Wot he said.

Andy
Saturday 4th March 2006, 19:27
so thats 30 % for us law abiders ;) lmao

might look into the tint thing! :D

Mrsmopp
Saturday 4th March 2006, 19:31
Great looking car Hun! Good to se you back in a T5!! Race ya ;)

x

macV70R
Saturday 4th March 2006, 19:43
might look into the tint thing! :D

Was maybe thinking about a slight tint myself!

Andy, let me know if you get it done, how much & where...

Cheers

Mac.

Andy
Sunday 5th March 2006, 10:58
Great looking car Hun! Good to se you back in a T5!! Race ya ;)

x

When i'm RICA'd yeah :P

Andy
Sunday 5th March 2006, 10:59
Was maybe thinking about a slight tint myself!

Andy, let me know if you get it done, how much & where...

Cheers

Mac.

Will do mate

t5owner
Monday 6th March 2006, 14:52
Thats one nice looking motor

You done good there andy

Cheers

stuart

GATHY
Monday 6th March 2006, 15:07
MY D5s gone proud owner for her,> 4 weeks and that was enough

go okay for a derv but found that the car ran out of steam due to still having a m56 box in and we all know petrols rev up to 7 to 8 thousand as the derv revs to 5000 makes alot of difference in top end speed and gear changes just to short on the revs is the d5(thats why they put 6sp box in new ones)

as on the powerklick or rica front i didnt notice any difference in fuel comsuption with powerklick fitted or not,which was 31 mpg round town which by the way was what my phase 2 t4 did anyway and at 5p a litre dearer i thought, whats the point ,me been abit of a tarmac muncher id rather have the power than a reshelled combine harvestor on my drive.
plus all the hearache of my mates laughing that id bought a old gimmers car i had to go.
dont get me wrong lovely car but wrong engine.
depends on what floats your boat in my case its a c70 t5 or s60 t5 next