PDA

View Full Version : Booooost

pzorb
Sunday 26th February 2006, 22:30
Is it normal for a T5 to boost right across the white turbo gauge in 3rd, then change to 4th, and it only goes maybe 4/5th into the white? Does it mean anything?! :sick: (Apart from now I'm going slower!) Surely it should go back to the same level it was maintaining before, maybe a little less due to heating up, but not that much?

3rd is usually pretty relentless, but 4th just leaves me wondering sometimes. Any ideas? :B_steerin

Cheers!

Jod T5
Monday 27th February 2006, 08:13
funny thing that martin but over the weekend i replaced both the breather and the one from the elbow on the drivers side of the manifold pipes which both go into the pcv..they were both well shot...the car now flies and the boost guage goes off the dial in all gears EXCEPT third!!! in third like yours it stops 4/5 of the way along. i have no explanation for this tho although im going to let it settle as im rather hoping that as its running sweet at the mo maybe the ecu will recalibrate itself (if it does such a thing lol) maybe im kidding myself but the wheels are spinning again :jaw: