PDA

View Full Version : upsolute

markt4
Sunday 26th February 2006, 19:57
whats people thoughts on these...any 1 had it done???

i dont know weather to go to birmingham..total cost between £550 and £600 (petrol down and so on) or upsolute £300 and they come to me but "fry" my ecu...i belive though with vovlotunning they may check the car over for any problems and will also (i think) put it on the RR

any thoughts

cash is tight at the moment

elliot
Sunday 26th February 2006, 20:25
The upsolute chip is good on the 850 mine trapped at 102mph which i belive is faster than any 16t 15g rica car on here.Volvotuning will be able to extract more power with custom mapping though.If you have alot of mods like bigger turbo, injectors exhaust etc etc and dont plan on modding much more then i would go for the custom mappping well worth it

Vikingxl
Sunday 26th February 2006, 20:27
Vt will indeed check over the car first and make sure that it is ok for remapping i would go to them mate.Cant fault their work and you willl find a lot more people on here with only good things to say about them!

Titch's Dad
Sunday 26th February 2006, 20:30
Titch, my son has an Upsolute chip in his T4 and has run it for 16months with no trouble at all. The difference in performance is amazing and the car runs about 236bhp and 370nm of torque. It is now a fast car as opposed to a quick car. (those who have seen it at the Scottish meets would confirm this, I think)

The lad who came up to do the work was great and if money is tight, I would recommend this as a way of getting plenty smiles for your pound.

BigJC
Sunday 26th February 2006, 20:32
Like Elliot said, if it's just a ecu remap for an otherwise standard engine then the upsolute is worth considering. I had a upsolute chip in my old Passat 1.8T which took it from 150bhp > 210bhp and it flew!!! Simon who does the upsolutes is a top bloke, very professional.
At VT, the boys do check the condition of your car both electronically and mechanically to ensure the extra umph doesn't cause problems and test it to ensure all is well after the remap, the extra money is piece of mind.

gtiteen
Monday 27th February 2006, 20:23
I've got an upsolute in my 850 t5 and its definitley quick. I've been told it should be running 280bhp. I think im going to get mine properly remapped for 310bhp soon though, depending on finances. Anyone know how much i would get for my old upsolute ecu?
Dave

elliot
Monday 27th February 2006, 22:27
You wont get 310bhp out of a conical outlet 15g on a std exhaust.The upsolute map runs the boost on the efficent limit of that turbo,the timing map is also pretty good.I would look into getting an exhaust and DP rather than a remap for the time being.The exhaust and DP help puts alot less stress on the engine due to lower EGT's and you will be amazed at how much harder it pulls up top with a decent 3 inch DP and good flowing exhaust.

gtiteen
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 19:35
How much will i be looking at for that to be done?

elliot
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 20:22
Varies alot on what you go for,custom 3inch from turbo back will be around £600.You could keep an eye on the forsale section the ferrita exhausts pop up every now and then and are 2.5 inch.Failing that try one of the volvo tuning garages for prices.

gtiteen
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 20:25
Thats the problem. I have sever financial restrictions! The reason i thought i would go for ecu was i would be able to sell the one on the car at the moment if i did.
What sort of gain would i expect from a decent remap then. Not the vt quoted figure of 304bhp? Dave

elliot
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:10
Would'nt like to say,it would be interesting to see,10-15 hp max 20hp gain with slightly better throttle response.Would be worth having a chat to VT.Get a before and after dyno done to.

wright_t5
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:15
Pay the extra, go for a RICA made the world of difference to mine....

you will not be disapointed, and they check things out and loads of other stuff that is all good....

gtiteen
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 21:19
Where did you go to get your done? Have you had it dyno'd? Hoe much it cost?
Sorry bout all the questions!! I already got an upsoluote you see but need to know whether its worth upgrading to RICA. The exhaust and downpipe sounds good but expensive!
Dave

bedlam
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 22:27
Hi Mark,
I,ve only just seen this thread. I got Upsolute remap done by Simon at the back end of last year. It is a huge improvement on my ME7 P1 T5. He also travelled to the North of Scotland to do it and gave a discount for chipping 3 cars at one time (2 Audis and mine) No problems of any kind since and slight improvement in fuel consumption - due to not dropping gears as much with the boost in torque.
I,d strongly recommend Simon, particularly if you're hundreds of miles from VT and/or on a tight budget.