PDA

View Full Version : Strut Brace ..what a difference!

The Flying Banana
Friday 24th February 2006, 21:29
How could a piece of light alloy make so much difference!!! Dont know if different cars make react differently but if you are thinking about getting one of these you should!!
Daft as it sounds but the car feels quicker ..reason being torque steer is reduced massivly so the sprint is quicker and dont have to keep backing off, wheelspin is reduced ..just seems to bite! And the bends....defo quicker through the bends.....the best cheap mod yet!!!

Engineer
Friday 24th February 2006, 22:21
How could a piece of light alloy make so much difference!!! Dont know if different cars make react differently but if you are thinking about getting one of these you should!!
Daft as it sounds but the car feels quicker ..reason being torque steer is reduced massivly so the sprint is quicker and dont have to keep backing off, wheelspin is reduced ..just seems to bite! And the bends....defo quicker through the bends.....the best cheap mod yet!!!Physics? boring subject? But it's got your attention now lol.

racer
Saturday 25th February 2006, 09:22
I WILL get round to doing the research on this! Honest!!

Vikingxl
Saturday 25th February 2006, 09:55
Does seem to make a difference

Goof
Saturday 25th February 2006, 10:43
Makes you wonder why Volvo didn't fit one as standard to their "sports" car in the first place!

t5tart
Saturday 25th February 2006, 13:22
yer
i dont know why they didnt it would have cost them pennies to do at production stage... but then again money to be made in aftermarket improvements i guess