PDA

View Full Version : wheels

chich100
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:09
Missed out on buying murphys T5 so im going to have forgive mine all its sins.Its booked in to have a new clutch and the oil leak sorted next week.My plan is to put strut brace,T5R front bumper and new wheels and tyres but i wanted to use 17" volvo rims i was thinking titans or volans but local dealer tells me im in luck because titans have been reduced to £250+vat What the F*** is lucky about that. Any wheels out there that are similar to orignal styles without the price tag. :eek:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:16
It took me 10 months before I managed to get a set of 2nd hand Volans. You might not have to wait so long for Titans. My best advice is to hold out for ebay - they do come along eventually.

Justin also had some luck getting hold of replica 17"s Pegasus (with the R embossed into them) - I am not sure where he got them from. Apparently the same German-based firm can do repro Titans. Alas I don't have all the details.

I do object that Volvo should feel the need to quote that much per rim though - so I do sympathise

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:17
Titans aren't easy to come by but not impossible - I managed to get my hands on a set for £175 (ok they need refurbing but they were so cheap I couldn't say no!!0 keep your eyes peeled on ebay :wink:

x

chich100
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:30
Dealer just rang me to say he could do supply 4 17" titans for £1184.40 including vat

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:39
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! Dont pay that for them!!! You could get a really nice set for under 600 quid!!!

x

lance
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:44
I also paid £175 for second hand titans and then another 175 + vat + 45+ vat for repair refurb and paint/powder coat. Then new tyres valves etc ,the entire job lot came to about £700! :eek: But still about half the price of buying new wheels with tyres!

Bracer
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 16:53
So after mine get refurbished tomorrow, they will be worth a mint :dgrin:

:wink:

HuskMan
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:11
So many things to do, so little cash...

Refurb my kerb-loving volans for 175 + VAT or keep it in the kitty for a bit of ECU tinkering? Assuming that the old beast doesn't go wrong and demand more attention - and that's just the wife :eek:

You don't read this forum do you my love? :hidesbehi

mikey
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:12
remind me which wheels the 850R's have,as i might have a set coming up for grabs soon!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:14
850R should come with 7 spoke "Volans"

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/albums/album28/normal_DSCF0587.JPG

chich100
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:15
what are the names for replicas that i can look up !!!

mikey
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:20
thats the one's,i should hopefully hear whether or not i have bought this 850R in a few days.it has just had a stuff up the butt by a white van man,previous to this accident it was absolutely mint.so i want to swap a load of bits onto my 850R so the volans off mine will be up for grabs,badly kerbed though!!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:24
Still - they look the ££££££. There you go chich - sorted!!

mikey
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:26
i'll put a post on here if i manage to get it because there will be a load of parts available for everyone!!

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:30
i'll put a post on here if i manage to get it because there will be a load of parts available for everyone!!
if its a salloon can i reserve firsts on the rear spoiler (if its going up for grabs & at a reasonable price :wink: )

mikey
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:35
if it's still intact,as it was hit up the chuffer.can you pm me about it and if i get it i'll know who wants what,bit of a sieve head u know,lol..

siamblue
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 17:42
There's a set of excellent cond Comets on Ebay in Germany,He wants £136 each,If i didn't have the Nebs i would've bought them,
There's a 850r spoiler for sale in the US can't remember where but it was priced at £140.The one with the lip.

chich100
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 18:54
didnt i here somwhere tha the newer pegasus are a cheaper option than both volan and titan?