PDA

View Full Version : oil leak on 855 n/s

Richie-T5
Friday 24th February 2006, 13:56
ok my baby is bleeding to death, the leak is not huge, just a drip (kinda like a mild nose bleed psml) i cant quite see exactly where it comes from, but am pannicking that it is crank shaft oil seals......if it is, is this a monster job (is on all my mini stuff full rebuild to be truthfull) is it expensive, and is it a dont use the car till its sortid fault ?

ps Andy i knew its a bad sign when ****ers steam clean engine bays!!!! prior to sale :) reckon thats why they had the n/s jacked up, to get the jet hose wand right under :(

Rufe
Friday 24th February 2006, 14:10
smart money would be turbo oil return pipe seals mate, from turbo back to block. if so these seals are very cheap.

Andy
Friday 24th February 2006, 15:00
I bet ya is the oil return seal pipe rich! ;)

t5owner
Friday 24th February 2006, 15:02
Ooooops posted on wrong thread first time

If its the seal then yep mega bucks as the gearbox / clutch have to come out 6.5 hours labour

And you might as well have the clutch done at same time as it could be / probably is contaminated by the leak

If its leaking higher up from the rear of the block and running down the back it more likely to be the turbo oil return pipe seal (common failure) and if so its not soooo expensive to fix

Cheers

stuart

Andy
Friday 24th February 2006, 15:03
Stu,

He'll faint after reading that, knowing him.

lol

:D

Richie-T5
Saturday 25th February 2006, 03:08
if i find it is the crank shaft seals, then i will be driving me 855 through his livingroom window, turbo oil returns iam not too bothered about, as long as the turbo 8nt being starved of oil (they dont like that lol)

Andy
Saturday 25th February 2006, 07:49
if i find it is the crank shaft seals, then i will be driving me 855 through his livingroom window, turbo oil returns iam not too bothered about, as long as the turbo 8nt being starved of oil (they dont like that lol)

As long as you keep an eye on your oil level and keep topping it up if need be then the turbo will be fine :D

t5owner
Saturday 25th February 2006, 12:31
Stu,

He'll faint after reading that, knowing him.

lol

:D

Soz,

I was just being honest

Cheers

stuart

t5owner
Saturday 25th February 2006, 12:32
As long as you keep an eye on your oil level and keep topping it up if need be then the turbo will be fine :D

Yeah but it makes a bloody awful mess on your drive

Cheers

Andy
Saturday 25th February 2006, 13:33
Soz,

I was just being honest

Cheers

stuart

Always say honesty is the best policy mate.

Richie-T5
Saturday 25th February 2006, 18:06
went to have a good look at it today, but it pissed down with rain just as i opened the bonnnet. DOE ! oil levels seem fine, i am going to replace all the hosing eventually with (please dont call me a chav) but blue samco, reason being i use this stuff on me motorsport engines and its good stuff ! alot of the hosing is looking tired, i think i am going to become neurotic about this car folks SORRY IN ADVANCE, i have created a repair maintenance shedule on me pda (GEEEK !!!!) and starting with the engine, top mount to be replaced as its finnished, want stiffer one (blue), the little vacume hose 90deg bends that go into the manifolds (both are shagged they have perrished and are crushed) replace the turbo oil drain hose with samco, and replace seals at same time. eventually all hosing in the engine bay will be samco (££££££££) and sad as it may seem the intercooler pipes will be stripped pollished and laquered.

also high on priority list is a wheel bearing needs attention, there is a small drone starting, mixed with tailgate rattle :)

I have a contact that paints the rubber strips colour coded, the car goes up next week for quote, after that i will go onto body upgrades, with rear spoiler, roof rails and an 850 r front valance. i want this car to be back to near showroom condition, it is nion there but needs some TLC, weather permitting, machine polish tommorow and photos for the forum.

Richie-T5
Sunday 26th February 2006, 16:49
ok its deffo not the turbo oil return :( had it up on the ramps and the block is bone dry around that area am effing pissed off now !!!!!