PDA

View Full Version : door trims

jmuggali
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 21:04
Got a rear door that has the rubbing strip missing (well in the boot) but I cant see how it was ever fitted, are they bonded or have fixings to hold them on? think a trip to volvo might be in order if I cant get it back on.

Tomcat
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 22:21
Hi, you dont say what car it is...

However, if its like the 850 there is a small screw that hold the trim in place on the inside edge of the door, remove this and the trim should slide back across the plastic clips holding it in place. Do you have any plastic clips on your door???

jmuggali
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 22:27
oops sorry it's a 855 t5, there is nothing at all on the door and some sort of glue residue on the plastic that has come off which led me to think that they were only bonded but it didn't look very safe like that.

Tomcat
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 22:44
Its probably been ripped off in the past and then been bonded on with some of that black flexible sealant. Go to the main dealers and ask them for the trim clips to hold the door trim on, I cant imagine they'd be very expensive, you'll also need the screw as well. Failing that I suppose you could also stick it back on with sealant?.

jmuggali
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 23:00
thanks, my brother wanted to bond it (his aswer to everything running a upvc window factory) found a bill for the trim bought 3 days before I bought the car but no clips, will pay volvo a visit before letting my litle bro lose on it. thanks.

Vikingxl
Friday 24th February 2006, 09:35
Im sure they clip on as well and have been looking for a piccy thought i had no luck sorry

jmuggali
Saturday 25th February 2006, 19:28
tink I'll invest in a new one as it looks like it was ripped off on closer inspection, cheers.

Tomcat
Saturday 25th February 2006, 21:13
I removed one of mine today, they're held on by a series of clips attached to the strip, you push the trim into the holes on the door then slide it forwad to lock it into place, then a small screw holds it from the back of the door, just dont do what I did today and drop the screw into the door casing whilst trying to remove/replace it!(bleedin things still in there somewhere!).

jmuggali
Saturday 25th February 2006, 22:21
I removed one of mine today, they're held on by a series of clips attached to the strip, you push the trim into the holes on the door then slide it forwad to lock it into place, then a small screw holds it from the back of the door, just dont do what I did today and drop the screw into the door casing whilst trying to remove/replace it!(bleedin things still in there somewhere!).

I have no clips at all, so I think it was just stuck on to sell the car. thanks for the info will try not to be too hand fisted when insatlling the new one.