PDA

View Full Version : brake rumble

c70mel
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 17:51
Hey all,

Well got my front brake discs and pads changed and the slugishness has seemed to of stopped, that problem was discussed in this thread: http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7742 and apparently was a sticking caliper.

However im still getting a judder feeling when applying the brakes at high speed. Only happens above 50mph when I brake. I thought the discs were probably warped so these have been changed but still the same problem. The juddering isn't half as noticeable as it was before so it looks as if the new discs have helped but the rumble is still there when braking at high speeds.

Cheers for any help

Melvin

Ross9
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 18:37
worst case scenario, heat caused by the caliper sticking on has been sufficient enough to warp the actual hub a tad, though you would expect at leat some vibration at higher speeds as well.

Ross

elliot
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 19:28
What pad are you using?

racer
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 21:05
Have a close look at your caliper guide pins. I had something similar to this on the old car, one of the pins was slightly bent. Replaced them and the problem went away.
Failing that, you sure your front wheel bearings are OK?

c70mel
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 22:09
I think he put on original volvo pads but dont have any part numbers or models.

If the front wheel bearings or caliper guide pins were the cause would these only cause juddering when braking at high speeds though? Think ill just take it back to the guy and see what he thinks. I will suggest these options to him as well!

cheers!

iGGy
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 22:58
I'm sort of suffering the same thing with my 850. Doesn't do it all the time though. I'm thinking of making it an excuse for upgrading the brakes to 302MM and possibly changing the control arms, although the bushes aren't that old and nothing bearing wise etc showed indications of wear.

Checking the CV boots has also put them on the list for being changed...which I'm really looking forward to doing :worried:

I'll be interested to hear what your bloke suggests.