PDA

View Full Version : Hoooray Off to VT at last 28 th FEB 09:00

t5owner
Monday 20th February 2006, 15:11
Finally i`m off to VT to get the car sorted

As some already know i swapped my ECU a while back with Liddo for his 280 Rica`d version due to the unfortunate chap blowing a rod in his engine

Any way i`m now off to VT on Tuesday Feb 28 th 09:00 Hrs for a 120k service sort out that leaking turbo return seal and to check all the vac hoses and bcs are in good order before i can unleash the true power of the rica

Any one else in the area on that day wanna pop in to keep me company or poss for a swift half i`d be happy to see you

Cheers and thanks

I can`t wait for the day looking forward to a spirited drive home

Stuart

Vikingxl
Monday 20th February 2006, 17:50
I will do my best to be there

t5owner
Monday 20th February 2006, 18:29
I will do my best to be there

Be nice to see you again rich if you can make it might make the day seem to go a bit quicker

Cheers

stuart

Vikingxl
Sunday 26th February 2006, 21:37
Stuart be there for nine mate and i will take you for a spot of breakfast!

t5owner
Monday 27th February 2006, 14:00
Stuart be there for nine mate and i will take you for a spot of breakfast!

Cheers rich i`m leaving here fairly early so i can beat the rush hours traffic as i don`t want to push the car (might be literally if i breakdown) until it`s been done

Thanks

stuart

Vikingxl
Monday 27th February 2006, 19:45
See you there then

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 27th February 2006, 20:49
So is this the S70 or V70 your taking ?

lance
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 11:10
I cant wait to see the next post stuart makes , ie wow best drive back ever etc etc!
I think a mini meet is due.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 11:41
I cant wait to see the next post stuart makes , ie wow best drive back ever etc etc!
I think a mini meet is due.
What about the Lord Nelson on Thursday?

Liddo
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 13:11
It'll be interesting to see what my old ECU is doing :D Think the S70 felt REALLY REALLY quick cos of the faulty actuator thingy! Anyhow, cant wait to hear how ya got on ;)

lance
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 13:26
Cant this week or next unfortunatly, im trying to get a back log of work done before I go on holiday next week :bog:

Vikingxl
Tuesday 28th February 2006, 15:11
T5 owner should be heading back as i type this i just dropped him back at VT.

t5owner
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 14:43
Whoooooooo Hooooooooo

Eff me what a differance the rica makes

Many thanks to hamish and the guys at vt for sorting out the car it was the S70 i took down

Also thanks to rich and justin for their hospitality while my car was at vt most interesting day rich your car is one fast baby and that zorst is ace the sound it makes when in boost is amazing

Well my drive back consisted of a steady plod up the M42 until i past all those silly speed cameras around the NEC stretch then some dork decided to attempt to get into the boot (bloody close i don`t think you could have got a piece of paper between our bumpers) flashing away and beeping horns so i floored it in fith from around 72 mph car lifted slightly at the front and i was away like a foookin space rocket i was into 3 figures before i knew it and the dork was still way back looking a bit puzzeled as to how a volvo had suddenly upped and left him for dust

I carried on for about 1 mile at super sonic speed and then slowed back down to a more legal 70+ mph eventually this car caught me up and as i couldn`t be bothered to do anything silly i let him pass mmmm vectra 3.0 V6 badges on the back then he cuts me up and attempts to put his boot in my engine bay well i was a bit pissed to say the least so i dropped into 4 th and outside lane whooosh and i`m away again blowing the guy a big kiss as i shot passed don`t think he liked that as i could see him in my rear view as he attempted to catch me up again but i`d had enough so i just stood on the accy and warp nine was to be had didn`t see him again after that so he either turned off or gave up

So once home took the missus and kids out for a quick demo 2 nd gear from 20 mph and i let her rip my little girls in the back shouting weeee daddy go weeee got to about 60 mph (national speed limit road) in a few nano seconds and the wifes had enough she nearly pukes up at the accy (And this is to be her car as i`ve now got a V70 T5) so i plod back home at a more sedate pace

Just gotta persuade her to let me have the 310 rica on my V70 and one of those Miltek zorsts to boot

So all in all i`d say if your thinking of having your car rica`d go for it mine is the rica 280 and i`d highly recommend it for any car with more than 100k on the clock if you`ve got less mileage then get the 310

Dave sorry but can`t do the nelson on thursday but ok for sunday if anybody else is up for it

Cheers

stuart

Azza
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 14:49
Brilliant write-up! Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself quite immensely!

If i needed any more of reasons to get mine done, you just gave them to me!

My little girl constantly tells me to overtake things so i'm sure she'd be impressed :eye-poppi

Azza

hamish
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 15:18
Azza,
I'll fit the strut brace while your here (FOC) !!

Regards,
Hamish.

Azza
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 15:25
Hehe, you really want me to get the strut brace don't you :)

Now that's a good deal, but you're MILES away aren't you ?!

I've been referred to PW Cars in Slough by Adam as a nearer option for my RICA upgrade..

Azza

hamish
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 15:38
Azza,

LOL

Stuart,
Thanks for the write up, I'm happy that your happy.

Hamish.

siamblue
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 16:33
They do make a hell of a difference the remaps.

Gary.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 18:38
Sounds like you had a great trip home i was glad to be able to help you out mate and im glad you are happy with the car.See you very soon with the V then!

lance
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 18:42
Nice one mate welcome to the RICA club, you will have to take me for a ride some time Stu!

S60D5
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 19:07
?!

I've been referred to PW Cars in Slough by Adam as a nearer option for my RICA upgrade..

Azza

Rica agent in Surrey now! ;)

Liddo
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 19:29
DOH :slap: I feel the need for speed again!!!!

Might have to take a trip to VT shortly ;) I said I wouldnt!!!

MUST RESIST, MUUUUSSTTTT RESSSIIIISSSSTTTTTT ;)

Vikingxl
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 19:47
Must not resist Must not resist 310 Rica and Miltek you know it has to be done it will in the end so do it now and end your suffering!

Liddo
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 20:36
Must not resist Must not resist 310 Rica and Miltek you know it has to be done it will in the end so do it now and end your suffering!

Hamish, Adam, how much for the 310 and Miltek????? :slap:

Vikingxl
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 20:45
Lol!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st March 2006, 20:47
I am well chuffed for you Stu (want one even more) and will defo need a demo on Sunday. Oh Yes!! The Wobble-mister will be in town!!

Liddo
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 10:01
I am well chuffed for you Stu (want one even more) and will defo need a demo on Sunday. Oh Yes!! The Wobble-mister will be in town!!

Stu, get a roll cage fitted :D

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 10:52

What year is your car?

Adam.

t5owner
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 11:22
Sounds like you had a great trip home i was glad to be able to help you out mate and im glad you are happy with the car.See you very soon with the V then!

Sure will i`m just awaiting confirmation of price for 310 rica and the miltek zorst and i`m a comin down again

Cheers

stuart

t5owner
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 11:23
Stu, get a roll cage fitted :D

No need i`ve fitted one of those "bong please fasten seat belt thingys" i think wobbly will be amused

Cheers

stuart

t5owner
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 11:25
Nice one mate welcome to the RICA club, you will have to take me for a ride some time Stu!

No probs lance i`ll be in touch

Cheers

stuart

Liddo
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 11:44
What year is your car?

Adam.

Its a 1997 C70 T5 Manual mate

t5tart
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:00
think once i get the disappearing oil problem sorted ill be getting a 280 ........... looks like it has to be done

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:08
ECU and Milltek package is £599 inc VAT fitted.

Adam.

Azza
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:11
Would mine be a similar price ?

Azza

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:17
No, because your ECU is a much later type.

Adam.

Azza
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:18
Hehe, bugger! How much are we talking ?

Azza

Liddo
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:23
No, because your ECU is a much later type.

Adam.

:nutkick: Serves ya right for getting a newer car than me :haha:

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:26
Hehe, bugger! How much are we talking ?

Azza

Sent you a PM.

Adam.

t5tart
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 12:58
ECU and Milltek package is £599 inc VAT fitted.

Adam.

would it be the same on my 854 1994/5 ?

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd March 2006, 13:25
would it be the same on my 854 1994/5 ?

Yes.

Adam.