PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust fumes

stevemc
Monday 20th February 2006, 12:14
Has anybody experienced exhaust type fumes inside the car ( with windows closed ), regardless of whether aircon or recirculated air is selected or not?

Mrsmopp
Monday 20th February 2006, 12:30
Does this sound similar? http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7801

x

lee632
Friday 24th February 2006, 22:24
I had this problem on my 850 T5 last year. Under the inlet manifold is a crankcase breather pipe. As you stand looking at the car it runs under the manifold and comes out on the right hand side of the engine.

It is a hard plastic pipe with a soft outer sheafing and the inner plastic pipe had become brittle and snapped and i then had same probs as you.

The new pipe cost about £25 and then you need a new inlet manifold gasket, inlet manifold bolts, injector 'O' ring seals if you want to be picky but it all came under £50.(genuine volvo parts)

The job itself is quite easy if not a little labourious for what you actually want to do but well worth it. You have to take off the injector rack, inlet manifold and throttle body to get at it, took me about an hour to do and it solved the problem straight away.

BlackBeast
Friday 24th February 2006, 22:49
I had this problem on my 850 T5 last year. Under the inlet manifold is a crankcase breather pipe. As you stand looking at the car it runs under the manifold and comes out on the right hand side of the engine.

And while the inlet is off you might as well replace the whole PCV system!!!