PDA

View Full Version : funny clonk sound...cue sniggers

Big-H
Sunday 19th February 2006, 23:21
hi people whilst out in my 850t5 i decided to pull away from from a set of traffic lights wi=thout the t/c on. i gave it plenty of gas and i heard a suddend sharp knock from under the bonnet area. could i have damaged a engine mount. when do they wheel bearings need replacing? every 30,000- 50,000 miles???

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 19th February 2006, 23:25
Try engine mount...?

Big-H
Sunday 19th February 2006, 23:32
if the standard mount fails under that kinda pressure is there any upfraded units out there? im planning on fitting a rica 310 in the next couple of weeks so i would really like this to happen again

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 19th February 2006, 23:39
is the first time you've let loose in a while..? that could have been a fault that builds up. You last foot plant may have been the last straw... otherwise it could be a clutch sound..but only a guess..

Big-H
Sunday 19th February 2006, 23:57
its the first time ive done it, but then again ive only had the car for 5 days :B_steerin

the previous owner was a 'more mature' owner so i wouldnt imagine him to of abused her..

JUDGENINJA
Monday 20th February 2006, 00:15
hold car in gear on the hand brake and bring clutch up to bite.. if you get bang then engine mount....

if you get someone else to do it you could watch to see which one....

Goof
Monday 20th February 2006, 01:16
hold car in gear on the hand brake and bring clutch up to bite.. if you get bang then engine mount....

if you get someone else to do it you could watch to see which one....
- but DON'T stand at the front! ;)

JUDGENINJA
Monday 20th February 2006, 01:51
- but DON'T stand at the front! ;)
unless you trust the person driving the car......or be the person in the car, then you can pick anyone you don't like....

Big-H
Monday 20th February 2006, 02:10
cheers guys....will try tomorrow. any of you fancy standing in front of the car????? ill be carefull..

JUDGENINJA
Monday 20th February 2006, 02:46
Damn I'm just too far away otherwise...........goof's nearer...... :nutkick:

Goof
Monday 20th February 2006, 10:00
Would do, but my hearing is going (can too loud on the Kawa ;)), Moppy is not too far away...
:)