PDA

View Full Version : MOT Time!! I Hate ABS..

ripper
Sunday 19th February 2006, 12:44
Just had my 855 MOT'd while i was away.

She flew through mot with no problems at all which i was surprised at to be honest, especially as she is still suffering with the ABS light coming on intermittently, despite Wobbly's ecu repair having been already carried out. After the ecu repair i let Dave know the light was still coming on, and fair play to him he said if it didn't sort itself out he would source another ecu for me; but i fear it may be more involved.

Dave, your advise would be so helpful now!!

Anyway to the point at hand: My car is looked after by a very good friend of mine, he cleared the faults in the ecu memory before she went for the mot, hence the light stayed off long enough for her to get through the test.

Upon him driving her back from testing station, the light came back on, he has read the faults again and it is reading several faults within the ABS pump itself.( i do not have the fault codes to hand, but i can get them) Now am i correct in thinking that there were faults with the crimping of wires under the fuse board which could cause this problem? As i cannot find any threads on this now and i cannot find the archives to look through.

I ask because i really don't want to be replacing the pump if her faults can be cured by other means.

Any help on this matter would be seriously appreciated, as i SO want to stop that light coming on; and want my ABS to work when i need it to..

Stuart

fraz13
Sunday 19th February 2006, 12:54
If Daves already repaired your ECU its unlikely to be that again...

What I would suggest is get the codes read but its probably a wheel sensor now

Tomcat
Sunday 19th February 2006, 13:44
Go on the VOC forums, they had an article on there somewhere regarding the whole ABS and Fusebox problem, I've just had a quick browse but couldnt see it, I know its on there cos I was reading it about a week ago.

weasel
Sunday 19th February 2006, 15:24
yes iirc it's connections under the fusebox with wires being under tension because they were ever so slightly too short. it's dependent on model year and the problem starts with fault codes for the right rear sensor. have you had a look at the connector block? apparently, they can cause some problems too. it could be the pump as indicated....

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 19th February 2006, 17:15
It doesnt appear to be a problem with my repair - so me getting you another unit wouldnt necessarily help. I dont have any spares anyway.

ripper
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 14:24
Right, i have managed to get my hands on the fault codes that are coming up with my ABS system.

Code: 443 - Pump motor, electric or mechanic fault - permanent malfunction

Code: 442 - LR Output valve, valve solenoid malfunction - Permanent malfunction

Code: 414 - RF Output valve, valve solenoid malfunction - Permanent malfunction

:wtf:

I don't know if any one may be able to shed some light on these faults, i.e; as to where i should start looking to solve the problems.

Are any of these fauts possibly being affected by the crimping under the fuse box? Or is it the pump itself that has gone past it's sell by date.

NugentS
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 21:27
That looks like an electrical fault to me - too manythings going wrong...

Sean

Vikingxl
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 22:20
Does seem like a lot of things going wrong at once.