PDA

View Full Version : easy t4

markt4
Saturday 18th February 2006, 23:26
how all,...done a oil change for the first time on the t4(myself) all i can say is its so easy nothing to it...for people like me who thought it would be hard,,,all u need is a 17mm socket and a gadget that will twist the oil filter off...so easy i cant belive ive never done it before myself

swordy21
Saturday 18th February 2006, 23:48
I do most oil changes myself - mind you I have learnt my lesson from dropping the sump plug into a bucket of VERY hot oil after a flush and diving my hand in to get it. I really should buy new each time.

A screwdriver hammered into the oil filter also acts as a very handy unscrewing device.

siamblue
Sunday 19th February 2006, 00:32
A screwdriver hammered into the oil filter also acts as a very handy unscrewing device.

Not if it is a Phase2 as it has a plastic housing and a paper filter lol.

Gary

pzorb
Sunday 19th February 2006, 03:34
Sounds like a good way to get hot oil up your sleeve! Whatever works for you bud... (i wrap an old bike chain)

GATHY
Sunday 19th February 2006, 15:04
Not if it is a Phase2 as it has a plastic housing and a paper filter lol.

Gary

not my old phase 2 (2001) had a normal filter (s60 d5s got the paper one though)

always service my own car and always have mind you i have the added bonus of a fully loaded workshop and 2 post lift to abuse and a 2 mechanics standing by and a service stamp in there draw

siamblue
Sunday 19th February 2006, 16:17
not my old phase 2 (2001) had a normal filter (s60 d5s got the paper one though)

always service my own car and always have mind you i have the added bonus of a fully loaded workshop and 2 post lift to abuse and a 2 mechanics standing by and a service stamp in there draw

Tha't strange Engineers other car has a plastic cover p2 Y plate and so does C70 Chris 1999 T5,

markt4
Sunday 19th February 2006, 23:49
my 2000 has a plastic twist off oil filter to which you put the cartridge into