PDA

View Full Version : My Car

oliwally
Friday 17th February 2006, 20:32
Hello All,Been Away For A While,Just Need Some Answers Please?
I've Gotten Into Some Finance Trouble Lately And Have Been Giving
Some Serious Though To Selling My Car :frown:
How Much Is A Green 854 T-5R Manual Worth?
Would It Be Worth More With The Leda Coil Overs And AP Racing 4 Pots And 325mm Discs?
Dont Wont To Sell But Cant See Anyway Out At The Moment?

arbee
Friday 17th February 2006, 22:10
Would It Be Worth More With The Leda Coil Overs And AP Racing 4 Pots And 325mm Discs?

cant really say without more details but i reckon sub £3k? Mods will add nothing and may even make it less desirable! sel them on separate for most cash

Green T5R
Saturday 18th February 2006, 08:22
My Green T5R Auto Estate has just been valued at £7500.00 by an independent engineer for an insurance claim. But even I feel that is a high valuation.

Regards

Iain

mraldonnelly
Saturday 18th February 2006, 09:20

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

As a starting point you could see if anyone wants to buy your AP brakes (with a swap for their brakes if you don't have the originals) and suspension (again with a swap if you don't have the originals to put back on). Would that raise enough to help you through bother?

It could be just enough to help you through. Even if not, I don't think the mods will add value so you'd raise more by selling separately.

Good luck

Andy

Vikingxl
Saturday 18th February 2006, 09:46
I agree with Andy and selling the car at the moment doesnt seem a good idea as the prices have really dropped.

Murphy
Saturday 18th February 2006, 10:07
I would say to the right person the brake / suspension combo should add around £1000, but as has been said swapping for stock parts may result in you getting more money and making the car more appealing to a wider audience - sounds like it has the right bits though!!!

Redbrick
Saturday 18th February 2006, 10:12

Agree with what everyone has said... the market is on its arse at the moment.

No it won't be worth that much more with the 'go faster bits', personally I wish they were. lol

Do you have the original bits to put back on? If you do then I'm sure people will rip your right arm off for a set of coilovers and AP's (I would have)- how old are they? Probably get £400 for each item if in good nick. Thats how I got my AP's!

I'm sure there will be people who will swop bits for cash.

I'm sure Judge said he wanted some coilovers.

Good luck mate, its a tough decision getting rid of a brick.

siamblue
Saturday 18th February 2006, 14:46
Sell the bits seperately for sure, then you will get more all round car + bits,
1st dibs on your AP set up please mate, IM me?

Gary.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 18th February 2006, 20:15
...... :wave23d: COIL OVERS.......mmmmmmm :wave23d: :Handshake

oliwally
Sunday 19th February 2006, 13:53
You Lot Are Like Voltures :haha: I'm Trying Not To Sell If I Can And Dont Want To Go Back To A Wallowy Car That Has Soft Brakes If I Can Help It:worried: I'm Selling My Bike,MK1 Mexico Project And MK2 4 Door Drift Project First :slap:
But You'll Be The First To Know If I Still Need To Rip The Brick To Pieces :wallbash:

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 19th February 2006, 21:54
how many projects have you got on the go....?

oliwally
Sunday 19th February 2006, 22:16
None Now,£££££££££££S At Work Dropped My Pay Back Down To £14K(£11K after tax). Cant Afford Anything At The Moment.
The MK1 Was A Keeper,The MK2 Was Going To Used As A Drift/Every Day Car,But The T-5R Came Up At A Price I Couldnt Say No To.
The Bike Was A Bad Choice And Made The Mistake Of Getting A New One Before It Was Fixed And Sold.
Untill My Pay Cut I Could Afford These Things,The MK2 Was Being Welded Up And Made To Look Tidy Before Being Sold,The Bike Was At The Dealer Being Fixed(Bloody EFI) And The Mex Was Still Tucked Up Waiting For Room In My Parents Garage.
That Was Till I Said I Couldnt Work On Reception With My Manager And Wanted Back On The Tools.