PDA

View Full Version : Samco Hoses

wacky racer
Thursday 16th February 2006, 20:15
Anybody on here fitted SAMCO hoses (turbo or coolant) to their car, if so are they any good.
Thanks for your help.
________
Vaporizer Store (http://www.vaporshop.com/)

Redbrick
Thursday 16th February 2006, 22:02
I did the turbo pipes after my Rica map was installed. The originals were nearly all rotting through from the inside.

There is no improvement in performance fitting them (IMHO) but if your originals are shot then why not.

Steer clear of the coolant Samcos, I've heard of them splitting on Volvospeed with catastrophic results.

wacky racer
Thursday 16th February 2006, 22:07
o.k thanks.
I wander why the coolant ones split?
________
STARCRAFT 2 REPLAYS (http://screplays.com/)

iGGy
Thursday 16th February 2006, 22:31
I think it's the bottom radiator hose chafing on the transmission dip-stick tube that can lead to the hose bursting...which wouldn't to the engine much good.

Bit of a risk for a pretty coloured hose and those that want the cosmetics just run the top hose and keep the bottom one standard.

siamblue
Thursday 16th February 2006, 23:44
I think it's the bottom radiator hose chafing on the transmission dip-stick tube that can lead to the hose bursting...which wouldn't to the engine much good.

Bit of a risk for a pretty coloured hose and those that want the cosmetics just run the top hose and keep the bottom one standard.

I heard it was due to the antifreeze making the silicone hoses come apart internally and eventually bursting,

Gary

racer
Saturday 18th February 2006, 09:06
Oh great. Just done mine, coz the OE ones were showing signs of giving up. I thought along Brother Redbrick's lines and went for Samco replacements. Having had an intercooler hose pop off not so long ago, it seemed a good idea to just replace the lot. Now I hear my new rad hoses are going to melt away! Good kits though, everything is the right shape and length.

Oh, well, I'll let you know if anything bad happens.

<FX: crosses fingers>

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 18th February 2006, 16:56
Have SAMCO been imformed of this failure... there only based in Wrexham or some where close to me. Surely if their customer services are up to it they would do a very basic re-design if it is scuffing across other bits of the car. I have bought quite a bit of stuff for my factory from them and they wouldn't want 1/2 million pound machine to break so they have always supported us...

maybe a quick phone call may be happening on Monday...( you never know I may even get them for free on a process development scheme of course :sinner: ... )

elliot
Saturday 18th February 2006, 17:59
Yes they have been informed of the faliure!We had one fail on the bottom coolant run right next to the rad,not rubbing on anything.Its caused by the silicon not being wound fully around the mould and causeing a join line that then split.It left us stranded but they sent out a new one that has'nt split yet but the std volvo is in the boot! Luckley we got the car switched off within seconds,but people over the pond have warped heads from the pipes spliting.

madness
Monday 20th February 2006, 21:30
i ve never heard of this before. good thing to be aware of.

elliot
Monday 20th February 2006, 22:05
i ve never heard of this before. good thing to be aware of.

Its happend alot not just in the volvo world.Hense all the articals and company profiles in all the jap mags to big up samco to the public,and try and restore some confidence.